UAE Banks

Old May 7th 2017, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default UAE Banks

Does anyone here bank with Commercial Bank of Dubai, and if so, would you recommend it?
I've been approached by CBD to transfer my account to them - i am very tempted because i am sick of HSBC, but i don't want to change over if they are just as shyte (if not worse) than HSBC.
Ta
Old May 7th 2017, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE Banks

Originally Posted by mission
Does anyone here bank with Commercial Bank of Dubai, and if so, would you recommend it?
I've been approached by CBD to transfer my account to them - i am very tempted because i am sick of HSBC, but i don't want to change over if they are just as shyte (if not worse) than HSBC.
Ta
what has HSBC done so wrong? It's just a bank.
Old May 7th 2017, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
what has HSBC done so wrong? It's just a bank.
i deal with HSBC on both a corporate level and retail level and i just find them completely sh*t....the amount of frigging red tape you have to go through just to get the most simple things done is truly a pain in the a$$! Not to mention their interest rates appear to be much higher than other 'local' banks.
Old May 8th 2017, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

I need to choose a personal bank account soon so I would be grateful for any recommendations with who to go for. I've got a Barclays & HSBC bank account in the UK but open to trying one of the local banks...
Old May 8th 2017, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
I need to choose a personal bank account soon so I would be grateful for any recommendations with who to go for. I've got a Barclays & HSBC bank account in the UK but open to trying one of the local banks...
They really are all the same - and all banks are local. It's just a bank, the salary goes in, the credit card goes out.

I like SC as the credit card gives me gym membership. HSBC was also ok, I used to get a free apple device once a year or so on their points.

Both processed car loans quickly. People like ENBD/ ADCB/ Mashreq
Old May 8th 2017, 6:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

i deal with HSBC on both a corporate level and retail level and i just find them completely sh*t....the amount of frigging red tape you have to go through just to get the most simple things done is truly a pain in the a$$! Not to mention their interest rates appear to be much higher than other 'local' banks.
I reckon all banks have red tape.
Old May 8th 2017, 8:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExpatAl

None of them are anything close to perfect but your best options in the UAE are probably ENBD, RAK, NBAD or ADIB, depending on what exactly you want.
Old May 8th 2017, 8:06 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Been with HSBC since I arrived almost 20 years ago. I never go to a branch or call their call centre, everything I do is on line. Maybe thats why my experience is better than others.

I've heard bad stuff about almost every bank here but strangely never heard anyone compliment anyone of them. Tells you all you need to know really.
Old May 8th 2017, 8:20 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I like SC, good rewards on their credit cards also. Some red tape but they also used to send people to the office for all that kind of bullshit so didn't have to go to the bank itself.
Old May 8th 2017, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the re branding of NBAD was an opportunity to get BAD out of the name. The hierarchy decided, told the markets and then announced it to employees.
Old May 8th 2017, 9:21 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
I heard the re branding of NBAD was an opportunity to get BAD out of the name. The hierarchy decided, told the markets and then announced it to employees.
Interesting, but it's precipitated by the merger with FGB I guess necessitating the change. I think the new name is overstating things a bit though: FAB....

I had numerous idiotic failures with HSBC so fled them; twice in fact, as I had to repeat the process when they acquired the local Lloyds. I'm happier with ENBD which has excellent online banking but they sometimes have me spitting blood. Generally I am very low maintenance for banking but still stupid shit happens.

The "relationship manager" is useless as he tells me that I have to address issues directly with the call centre (which is usually pretty good) as he is not allowed to handle them (but by the way would I like to invest in all these wonderful financial instruments they offer....). Anyway, he has stopped responding to my emails since I asked him - politely - what was the point of the relationship manager if he couldn't actually manage any aspect of our relationship?
Old May 8th 2017, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

so no one here banks with CBD
Old May 8th 2017, 10:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

so no one here banks with CBD
No, I don't bank with Cheesy Balls & Dick.
Old May 8th 2017, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
I'm happier with ENBD which has excellent online banking but they sometimes have me spitting blood. Generally I am very low maintenance for banking but still stupid shit happens.
This sums up my experience with ENBD, they have the best online banking by a considerable distance and are generally hassle free unless you need to visit a branch. The other downside to them is that they employ FBI counterfeit investigator level staff to verify signatures on cheques and such like. I had one customer service guy watch me sign a cheque in front of him then 5 seconds later claim that it wasn't my signature because the shape of the loop on one of the letters was a different shape.

I'm with ADCB now that ENBD refused to let me unfreeze my account after 12 months of inactivity with a letter from my new employer and Emirates ID application form. ADCB seem ok, although their refusal to let me have access to cheques until I had my Emirates ID in my hand (they were happy to give me a credit card though) did cause me a lot of personal hassle and expenditure but not sure if that's their own policies or if it's forced upon them by the Central Bank.
Old May 8th 2017, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
No, I don't bank with Cheesy Balls & Dick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.