TV and Internet

Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:19 am
Just Joined

AntTyson87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV and Internet

I'm due to move to Abu Dhabi within the next week or so.

Can anyone tell me what the TV and internet situation is?

Im not gonna know anyone at first so i can see my night sat watching crappy tv and staring at facebook!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV and Internet

Google Orbit Showtime Network, it's crap but better than nothing. I download all my TV from a torrent site. Welcome to BE
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

well thats what i do in the UK so thats all good! are the internet speeds good?!

Cheers
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:09 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AntTyson87
well thats what i do in the UK so thats all good! are the internet speeds good?!

Cheers
Depends on what you pay for.

May I also point out that you won't meet anyone sat in front of a TV?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

fair point!!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Cheers
16 Mbps = 499 dhs per month
8 Mbps = 399 dhs per month

Plus cheaper options for slower connection

I've not actually checked the connection speed when connected, but paying for 8mbps allows me to stream live football, BBC iPlayer (with a vpn), etc, with no buffering time
Old Feb 26th 2013, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

ouch! seems alot!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mogs
16 Mbps = 499 dhs per month
8 Mbps = 399 dhs per month

Plus cheaper options for slower connection

I've not actually checked the connection speed when connected, but paying for 8mbps allows me to stream live football, BBC iPlayer (with a vpn), etc, with no buffering time
I've checked my 8Mbps line, and generally it is pretty close to the quoted max. When my V P N is turned on, the speed drops a fair bit, but after quite a lot of tweaking, I have managed to bring even that up to a reasonable level for watching live UK TV.

It's not necessarily quite as expensive as you quote - the e-life triple bundle (phone, 8MB internet (no limits) and basic TV) is AED339.

http://www.etisalat.ae/eportal/en/pe...-packages.html and scroll down to "master"!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by archie159
I've checked my 8Mbps line, and generally it is pretty close to the quoted max. When my V P N is turned on, the speed drops a fair bit, but after quite a lot of tweaking, I have managed to bring even that up to a reasonable level for watching live UK TV.

It's not necessarily quite as expensive as you quote - the e-life triple bundle (phone, 8MB internet (no limits) and basic TV) is AED339.

http://www.etisalat.ae/eportal/en/pe...-packages.html and scroll down to "master"!

I'm maybe being ripped off then (or paying for a faster connection than I thought). Will check my bill more closely next time round
Old Feb 28th 2013, 3:11 am
Banned

Why.Islam070 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm due to move to Abu Dhabi within the next week or so.

Can anyone tell me what the TV and internet situation is?

Im not gonna know anyone at first so i can see my night sat watching crappy tv and staring at facebook!
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

dohadesertdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone advise what docs you need to register and how long it takes to be switched on? In Qatar I needed electricity number for them to understand where my villa was and check all they needed? I'm at al reef villas which I'm told are plumbed in well enough that it should be trailer forward but wanna make sure I've for the right docs and whether its gonna take two weeks?! Ta
Old Apr 6th 2013, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by dohadesertdog
Anyone advise what docs you need to register and how long it takes to be switched on? In Qatar I needed electricity number for them to understand where my villa was and check all they needed? I'm at al reef villas which I'm told are plumbed in well enough that it should be trailer forward but wanna make sure I've for the right docs and whether its gonna take two weeks?! Ta
You just need an address and a copy of your Resident Visa. They will ask for a Tel no. in your building to check the lines are connected. All pretty efficient (for UAE). I registered online for e-life as I don't understand the Indians on the phone

I have 16 mb/s which runs at that speed but the streaming is not top notch. Can't beat watching the footy live in the pub with beer in hand