TV an DVD from the UK

Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV an DVD from the UK

Anyone know if a TV and DVD from the UK would work in Dubai or am I just better of buying one if and when I am there? Thanks.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:44 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TV an DVD from the UK

A brand new 32in flat screen Panasonic will cost you Dhs2,299 at Lulus and you can get a decent DVD for less than Dhs150 so do the maths...
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:46 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saj786
Anyone know if a TV and DVD from the UK would work in Dubai or am I just better of buying one if and when I am there? Thanks.
It should do I have known people take them out here with them although you will have to sign up with one of the sat companies like showtime and get a decoader box for the t.v to work on its own. with dvd should be ok!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

kewl - thats useful, I think i'll be better of just getting a new one there with a warranty and all.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

We brought our TV out with us as it was a fairly new flatscreen. Works perfectly will, if that helps!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scarletfan
We brought our TV out with us as it was a fairly new flatscreen. Works perfectly will, if that helps!
That is helpful - Ive only got a 32" samsung LCD thing but its my DVD with surround sound speakers im quite attached to - well, i now know that it can work in Dubai - thanks again.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

That is helpful - Ive only got a 32" samsung LCD thing but its my DVD with surround sound speakers im quite attached to - well, i now know that it can work in Dubai - thanks again.
We brought the stereo and surround sound etc over as well.
Also, electricity sockets here are exactly the same as UK.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scarletfan
We brought the stereo and surround sound etc over as well.
Also, electricity sockets here are exactly the same as UK.
i thought the sockets were 2 pin's there? i know the voltage is the same but i thought u would need one of those travel adaptor thingy's? hmm, interesting.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

i thought the sockets were 2 pin's there? i know the voltage is the same but i thought u would need one of those travel adaptor thingy's? hmm, interesting.
No, sockets are the same as back in UK.
Wierd thing is you buy electrical stuff over here, some have 3 pins, some have 2 pins!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:28 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

kewl - thats useful, I think i'll be better of just getting a new one there with a warranty and all.
Warranty!!!!!!!
Read spugy's fridge repair thread.........if it goes wrong you will be waiting years for it to be repaired ...no replacments here you have to give it over to be repaired and wait for it to come back! Or in Spugy's case wait for someone to turn up and repair it!....
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Warranty!!!!!!!
Read spugy's fridge repair thread.........if it goes wrong you will be waiting years for it to be repaired ...no replacments here you have to give it over to be repaired and wait for it to come back! Or in Spugy's case wait for someone to turn up and repair it!....
Yep, i did read the fridge repair thread - so basically, the warranty aint worth the paper its writen on - thanks, i shall keep that in mind
Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, i did read the fridge repair thread - so basically, the warranty aint worth the paper its writen on - thanks, i shall keep that in mind
seems that way, I have a brand new 42" panasonic flatscreen which is the dogs bollocks, cost £600.