Wikiposts

Travel Agents

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:41 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Agents

Originally Posted by commander
be wary of this when going through websites like expedia.com

For my holiday to Thailand it was cheaper (all through expedia) to book the flight from Hong Kong-Thailand and the hotel in thailand on seperate transactions.

I called expedia in the US to ask him how it worked out about $600 extra to book it as a package, the sales advisor hinted that it is where they make money!!
Yup, because the air can sometimes be wholesale., so the opportunity there for the profit, perhaps hotel as well.

I'm based in the US (although worked as an agent in Europe) and often for Vegas for example, it's cheaper to do a flight and hotel seperate.

My experience is for example it is often cheaper for Vegas for example to do air and hotel seperate.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:23 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

Commander - Koh Samui airport still the palm tree open air affair?

Yes it is, one of the most relaxing airports i have ever been to. Bangkok airways are just fabulous!!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:07 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Why would you want a package, when you can frequently get a better deal by booking flights and accommodation separately?

Emirates, Etihad and Al Futtaim all have 'travel agency' arms.

-
I agree you can often get better deals but in my case I want to go to Maldives and packages from Uk are a lot cheaper than booking separate flight with Emirates then the accommodation and the transfers, however I could not book a package on the internet other than via a UK airport, from the separate deals of flight, accommodation and transfers it is cheaper to fly back to the Uk and get a package flight from London.
I have a villa in Orlando and it is often cheaper to book a package with the sleaziest cheapest accommodation and not use it than book a direct flight.
Now looking at Jordan, has anyone been?

Thanks for your replies
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
I agree you can often get better deals but in my case I want to go to Maldives and packages from Uk are a lot cheaper than booking separate flight with Emirates then the accommodation and the transfers, however I could not book a package on the internet other than via a UK airport, from the separate deals of flight, accommodation and transfers it is cheaper to fly back to the Uk and get a package flight from London.
I have a villa in Orlando and it is often cheaper to book a package with the sleaziest cheapest accommodation and not use it than book a direct flight.
Now looking at Jordan, has anyone been?

Thanks for your replies
thomas cook in jumeirah beach centre are really, really good...

MM, xx
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy
ag class, told you you'd be fine and you'd love it,

we've had to put our trip off for a few months as the prices are pretty high,

who did you fly with? and how much, if you don't mind me asking? Emirates to Bangkok is about £700 but down to about £550 in march.
Hey mate, go in April, which is when their New Year Festival is, well is was when i was there once, maybe check first... Its called Songkran...

But its great, the whole country has a water fight for three whole days... I remember walking round Bangkok for the day with my AK-47 water gun and being soaked the whole time... Then massive party time in the evenings...

My advice tho, arrive before it starts as I remember a few poor sods getting soaked along with their luggage on arrival...

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
bangkok is amazing, dirty,sleazy, authentic, vibrant - go for 2 days, it's just an amazing place - plus my mate from the Toon lives there so I'll be out on the lash with him.
Bangkok has changed a lot - I was there in March (first visit in over 20 years) and the clean-up has been spectacular.

Still some sleazy areas of course but they seem to be 'policed' these days.....

........ and the Metro Railway thing is unbelievably good - if Dubai's is half as good it will be fine. Makes the DLR look like a clockwork toy.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:15 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Yes it is, one of the most relaxing airports i have ever been to. Bangkok airways are just fabulous!!
aye Krabi is like that, bloody tiny little place.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Hey mate, go in April, which is when their New Year Festival is, well is was when i was there once, maybe check first... Its called Songkran...

But its great, the whole country has a water fight for three whole days... I remember walking round Bangkok for the day with my AK-47 water gun and being soaked the whole time... Then massive party time in the evenings...

My advice tho, arrive before it starts as I remember a few poor sods getting soaked along with their luggage on arrival...

yeah heard of that, sounds brilliant....heh, nice profile pic.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:17 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
thomas cook in jumeirah beach centre are really, really good...

MM, xx
Thanks MM will pay them a visit