Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Most of my generation and anyone younger would vote against, its only the older generation who have some misty eyed notion of a united Ireland.

Can you imagine having to deal with all the shit that goes on up there, we would probably get reverse terrorism in Dublin from loyalists looking to split again.
But if you unite, you might be able to afford four sides of a stadium?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:41 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
But if you unite, you might be able to afford four sides of a stadium?
Which stadium is that?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Which stadium is that?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:56 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Aviva, yeah just the small matter of knocking down houses should sort that out. That's the old Landsdowne Road grounds so it had to fit into the footprint.

I thought you might have meant Croke Park also seems to suffer from this three sided disease, but then again its probably big enough already.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:11 am
Account Closed

Oh Aviva, yeah just the small matter of knocking down houses should sort that out. That's the old Landsdowne Road grounds so it had to fit into the footprint.

I thought you might have meant Croke Park also seems to suffer from this three sided disease, but then again its probably big enough already.
Sorry, I wasn't really counting the concert stadium.

Maybe it's a new tradition?

Such a shame that the Aviva isn't a full bowl, it's a magnificent looking stadium. I'm sure they could have moved those folks on easily enough.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
so I slate a bar for inviting bands that glorify murdering british soldiers and you quote songs rangers fans sing?

what band has ever been invited to Dubai to sing those songs?
my point is it makes absolutely no difference if it is a band singing it or a bunch of fans. either is unacceptable from either side of the utterly ****ing ridiculous argument

Last edited by shiva; Jul 24th 2013 at 8:20 am. Reason: added an ly
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:19 am
Knee deep and rising

Sorry, I wasn't really counting the concert stadium.

Maybe it's a new tradition?

Such a shame that the Aviva isn't a full bowl, it's a magnificent looking stadium. I'm sure they could have moved those folks on easily enough.
Concert Stadium? you are on the wind up now. Its the Gaelic football grounds, most of the football grounds here are much bigger than the soccer ones, what with it being the national sport and all that. Its probably one of the largest stadiums in Europe.

Landsdowne road is set basically in the Knightsbridge of Dublin, it would have cost too much to try buy out the houses or in fact it would have had to be a compulsory purchase as no-one would sell voluntarily.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:25 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
I apologise for the apostrophe!! just remember to be careful on that metro, you might end up meeting a fellow English language enthusiast from Mumbai
Some racism there?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:27 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
my point is it makes absolutely no difference if it is a band singing it or a bunch of fans. either is unacceptable from either side of the utterly ****ing ridiculous argument
and I think we all agree on that one.

we all ****ing hate Aberdeen
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:29 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Some racism there?
it was a polite way of saying smelly indian. Which is pretty accurate.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:33 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
we all ****ing hate Aberdeen
oooyyy! Thats fighting talk, outside!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Concert Stadium? you are on the wind up now. Its the Gaelic football grounds, most of the football grounds here are much bigger than the soccer ones, what with it being the national sport and all that. Its probably one of the largest stadiums in Europe.

Landsdowne road is set basically in the Knightsbridge of Dublin, it would have cost too much to try buy out the houses or in fact it would have had to be a compulsory purchase as no-one would sell voluntarily.
Gaelic football? What's that? Is it like Aussie rules and played nowhere else?

It's a big stadium alright, Wikipedia says it's the largest non-football stadium in Europe and 4th largest overall I think.

Knightsbridge of Dublin? I know property in Ireland had been shooting up in price and was a very expensive place to get in but they look like 2up/2downs?!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:29 am
Knee deep and rising

Knightsbridge of Dublin? I know property in Ireland had been shooting up in price and was a very expensive place to get in but they look like 2up/2downs?!

The area itself is very high priced but of course some of the houses are much better than others. The location is what you are paying for. This picture is walking down landsdowne road to the stadium.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:52 am
Account Closed

http://i.imgur.com/7DHYiJ1.png

The area itself is very high priced but of course some of the houses are much better than others. The location is what you are paying for. This picture is walking down landsdowne road to the stadium.
Wow, that looks mega.

Nice wide pavements too.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:33 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

This is all great fun, but who's coming for a beer or six tonight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.