Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tiger Woods first sportsman to earn 1Billion USD

Tiger Woods first sportsman to earn 1Billion USD

Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tiger Woods first sportsman to earn 1Billion USD

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...ectid=10600870

Anyone think there's anything wrong with that?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiger Woods first sportsman to earn 1Billion USD

Originally Posted by Jeeper

Not at all.

The figure surprises me though (I wouldn't have thought he'd be anywhere near that yet). And golf is a sport you can get better at as you get older (he's still only 33).

On the Nike contract, I'd say "If a price suits you, you pay it." They presumably get good value for their USD 30m, otherwise they wouldn't pay it.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:28 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It can be argued that nearly all popular sports people are overpaid and over sponsored...but that's the fault of the fans and sponsors not the sports people themselves isn't it?

As long as people are willing to pay more for tickets, team kits and other merchandise sports people will be richer than people who serve more useful functions in society (doctors, cleaners, engineers, soldiers, etc).

I'm happy for Tiger though - he does come across as a decent chap who isn't too full of himself or lacking in brains (unlike most football players )

N.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It can be argued that nearly all popular sports people are overpaid and over sponsored...but that's the fault of the fans and sponsors not the sports people themselves isn't it?

As long as people are willing to pay more for tickets, team kits and other merchandise sports people will be richer than people who serve more useful functions in society (doctors, cleaners, engineers, soldiers, etc).

I'm happy for Tiger though - he does come across as a decent chap who isn't too full of himself or lacking in brains (unlike most football players )

N.
I don't think there's anything wrong with it from his point of view but I do think it's a failing in the way we as a society run. But good on him.

Regards your point about him being a decent chap not too full of himself....hmmmm...i like/support the guy and hope he goes past Nicklaus' records of 18 majors...but I have to say his humour is extremely self serving.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there's anything wrong with it from his point of view but I do think it's a failing in the way we as a society run. But good on him.

Regards your point about him being a decent chap not too full of himself....hmmmm...i like/support the guy and hope he goes past Nicklaus' records of 18 majors...but I have to say his humour is extremely self serving.
He also has a serious wind problem............... at the Dubai Jobby a few years back you could hear him on a number of occasions as he walked down the fairway...............
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean
He also has a serious wind problem............... at the Dubai Jobby a few years back you could hear him on a number of occasions as he walked down the fairway...............
The problem is his Dad taught him how to play golf-not the GAME
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Tiger will be in for one hell of a divorce settlement if she goes down that route!
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Mrs Tiger will be in for one hell of a divorce settlement if she goes down that route!
She'll stay with him.................. you read it here first.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still, you can understand why he was tempted to have affairs.......

......... after all, it's not as if he had much to tempt him to stay at home.......

Attached Thumbnails Tiger Woods first sportsman to earn 1Billion USD-woods-family.bmp   Tiger Woods first sportsman to earn 1Billion USD-mrs-woods-1.bmp   Tiger Woods first sportsman to earn 1Billion USD-mrs-woods-2.jpg  
Old Dec 12th 2009, 6:10 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Still, you can understand why he was tempted to have affairs.......

......... after all, it's not as if he had much to tempt him to stay at home.......

What is it the say about having steak at home and burger away...?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Athletes aren't overpaid when you take into account the money they bring in for advertisers and the industry. Now not all athletes work out soo well, but Tiger has been a huge boon to all aspects of Golf.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

She'll stay with him.................. you read it here first.
She'll stay for about a year, make him grovel and beg and denounce the other women in his life.....then she'll take half his cash and run off with some hotter younger man - that's my prediction, just call me Mystic Meg.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 4:40 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
She'll stay for about a year, make him grovel and beg and denounce the other women in his life.....then she'll take half his cash and run off with some hotter younger man - that's my prediction, just call me Mystic Meg.
..and I'm waiting on the sidelines...
Old Dec 13th 2009, 4:59 am
Just Joined

AzureArt is an unknown quantity at this point

What I don't really get (and I'm sure some of you will have answers :-)...) is how someone quite that famous thinks he is ever going to get away with having affairs (and more than one of them at that) - is he just stupid or a typical man???
Old Dec 13th 2009, 5:02 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kim67
She'll stay for about a year, make him grovel and beg and denounce the other women in his life.....then she'll take half his cash and run off with some hotter younger man -
...or hot young woman is my guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.