Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Things that people do that piss you off...

Things that people do that piss you off...

Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of
Default Re: Things that people do that piss you off...

Actually how could I have forgotten my number one piss off - people who live their lives in the virtual world. Over the summer I encountered a few - checking in to places, photographing their dinner to put on Facebook, writing about what a great night they are having - well get off your i-phone and enjoy it!! (Smart phones killing the art of conversation and nights out around the world ......)

Sent from my i-phone
Old Aug 12th 2013, 9:53 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Some people offend by their mere existence !
I never had you down as being so self aware. Fair play.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Phone ringing
Phone answered "tell me"
Tell you what you twat!!!
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:40 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Where to start?

Deliberately misunderstand in a pathetic attempt at seeming holier than thou
Wear yellow ties
Dropping litter
Leaving cupboard doors open
Eating crisps overly noisily
Shoving other in the ankles with shopping trolleys or pushchairs
Creeping Americanisms
Going on about detoxing when they have organs that do that for them
Claiming to have a food allergy when it's a minor intolerance
Almost everything for girls (and women) being pink
Photographing every meal and thinking that having instagram makes them a photographer
Serve me instant coffee
Set up a pointless blog them claim they are a writer
Mistreat employees (indeed anyone) and animals

For some it's as simple as they are breathing

I have a headache and a bad back today, so I could probably go on for hours...
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:53 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

When you ask--clearly and in writing--two or more questions, and the response doesn't answer all the questions and the respondent doesn't acknowledge that fact.

When I had direct reports (ahh, life's so simple now ) I used this as an example of what was the biggest portion of appraisals--how many times I had to ask before I got a full answer (even if part of it was, "Sorry, regarding point b I don't know, but I'll get back to you, but here's the answer to the other questions you asked.").

(I'm also very against incorrect punctuation--if you can manage to use four punctuation marks in succession that's definite browny (Brownie?) points.)

And WTF's wrong with a yellow tie?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And WTF's wrong with a yellow tie?
Where does it say the answer has to be rational? (Attention to detail?)

I have a visceral dislike of them.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Where does it say the answer has to be rational? (Attention to detail?)

I have a visceral dislike of them.
Fair enuff.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Punctuation pedants tend to tread a fine line between irritating and amusing. They almost invariably bugger it up.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

I have a headache and a bad back today, so I could probably go on for hours...[/QUOTE]

Umm.....Sounds as if you did!!!
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:16 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Punctuation pedants tend to tread a fine line between irritating and amusing. They almost invariably bugger it up.
Almost.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Where to start?

Deliberately misunderstand in a pathetic attempt at seeming holier than thou
Wear yellow ties
Dropping litter
Leaving cupboard doors open
Eating crisps overly noisily
Shoving other in the ankles with shopping trolleys or pushchairs
Creeping Americanisms
Going on about detoxing when they have organs that do that for them
Claiming to have a food allergy when it's a minor intolerance
Almost everything for girls (and women) being pink
Photographing every meal and thinking that having instagram makes them a photographer
Serve me instant coffee
Set up a pointless blog them claim they are a writer
Mistreat employees (indeed anyone) and animals

For some it's as simple as they are breathing

I have a headache and a bad back today, so I could probably go on for hours...
for you that list is remarkably small
Old Aug 13th 2013, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

DOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the rough

1. People who don't understand the difference between "Reply" & "Reply to All" when emailing.
2. People in an open plan office, who shout across the office, rather than getting up and going over to talk to others.
3. People who assume my Filipino wife is a shop assistant and not a fellow shopper.
4. People who have no concept of giving way, particularly on roundabouts.
5. People who blatantly lie when giving a delivery time etc. because they think it is what you want to hear.
6. Lateness - if you're stuck in traffic and going to be late for the meeting then call me or sms me.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

OK - a few.......... I think I may have mentioned one or two of these before......

* When I send an e-mail to someone, who then forwards it to someone else without including me in the 'cc' (or, at the very least, informing me that they have forwarded it) - totally unacceptable e-tiquette. [Golden Rule - if you wouldn't do it with a good old-fashioned letter, don't do it with an e-mail]

* When four people go out for a meal, and they sit you at a table for six - the waiter always comes along and clears away the other two place settings - why???

* When someone gets into a lift, and insists on pressing the completely pointless 'Doors Close' button, presumably so he can reach the 28th floor 0.47 secs more quickly........

* WORST OF ALL - when it's raining hard on a windy day - the idiots who insist on walking forward into the oncoming rain with their umbrella held horizontally, making it impossible to see that they are about to poke a small child in the eye with the pointy bit.......

More later, probably............
Old Aug 13th 2013, 5:37 pm
Hit 16's

[QUOTE=The Dean;10848999]

* When four people go out for a meal, and they sit you at a table for six - the waiter always comes along and clears away the other two place settings - why???

QUOTE]

So you don't dribble on the crockery and cutlery which they'd then have to wash...

Heard this from someone else--just don't get the complaint. Leaves more room for the diners and their food and glasses. Actually, I'd ask them to clear the other settings.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

people who put an empty carton of milk back in the fridge grr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.