Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Is there someone for everyone?

Is there someone for everyone?

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there someone for everyone?

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I disagree, there is no way I could fall for some old minger, just cos she made me laugh...
for once we agree on something.

The very point I was trying to make is that attractive women don't go for these ugly stange looking guys for their personality - its usually for cash, power, status or all 3.

But of course the women won't admit it... its a bit like saying I'm a hooker..
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I disagree, there is no way I could fall for some old minger, just cos she made me laugh...
Iain Dowie was a minger who made people laugh................
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon

The very point I was trying to make is that attractive women don't go for these ugly stange looking guys for their personality - its usually for cash, power, status or all 3.

How remarkable - you claim to know the entire world population of women and the way they behave - extraordinary!

Beware that such generalistic assumptions may jump and bite you somewhere it hurts, if you don't get booted there by a pointy shoe first! You really have no idea about women do you? Besides which, such relationship ignorance will probably destine you to a lonely old age.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:48 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly not Admon, the point I was making is that "I" couldnt be attracted to some old munter, just because she made me laugh. I wasnt generalising about women and what they like or dont like.....

I cant remember who said it, but I do agree with whoever posted it, saying that in my own experience "I" would have be attracted to someone in the first place, to even start talking to them in a bar / club etc and then "I" may or may not like them / they may or may not make me laugh etc

I do also know however that some people can get talking to someone who initially they dont find attractive but who, in time, because of their personality, end up falling for them
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:49 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Iain Dowie was a minger who made people laugh................
lol.......OMG, Im agreeing with The Dean......pass me the valium !!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:53 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I never said that sense of humour (or making me laugh) would be the only reason...I do know however that I have met goodlooking guys that were so completely and utterly boring that they became ugly after talking to them for a while...and that I have met not so goodlooking guys that made me laugh and who I therefore 'clicked' with and they could capture my attention...
and no...nothing to do with beergoggles thank you very much...
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:03 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

its usually for cash, power, status or all 3.
He's not wrong though you know.

I look at it like this, women want to get the measure of a man. In some ways status is important, what sort of social circles does he move in etc? But we live in a society where subtle indications of wealth and status are more important, does he dress well, drive a nice car and have a nice house?

Even subtle behaviors betray people, does he appear confident or witty for example. Small things like if a guy has female company can be important, is he making them laugh? Is he trying to please them or just being himself with them?

There is quite a good show on VH1 at the moment called "The Pickup Artist" which features a few professional dating coaches trying to teach geeks to chat up women with funny/cring worthy/sometimes brilliant results:

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I never said that sense of humour (or making me laugh) would be the only reason...I do know however that I have met goodlooking guys that were so completely and utterly boring that they became ugly after talking to them for a while...and that I have met not so goodlooking guys that made me laugh and who I therefore 'clicked' with and they could capture my attention...
and no...nothing to do with beergoggles thank you very much...
So which category do I come into?

[Suddenly, sensing the potential explosion he was about to trigger, The Dean ran for cover, throwing himself behind a bomb-proof glass screen............]
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:05 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

So which category do I come into?

[Suddenly, sensing the potential explosion he was about to trigger, The Dean ran for cover, throwing himself behind a bomb-proof glass screen............]
well....I guess you fall into the ugly AND boring category...and that is ugly without even having been goodlooking to start with
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is there someone for everyone?

So is Mick Jagger sexy?

Women seem to think he is even though his skin could stretch to accomadate a man twice his size .
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well....I guess you fall into the ugly AND boring category...and that is ugly without even having been goodlooking to start with
You fancy me, don't you?
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:16 am
hmmmm...nice

You fancy me, don't you?
hell yeah...
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Wink Re: Is there someone for everyone?

I do know however that I have met goodlooking guys that were so completely and utterly boring that they became ugly after talking to them for a while...
But...I didn't even get to tell you about my model railway or explain how different audio formats work .
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:17 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Charismatic
But...I didn't even get to tell you about my model railway or explain how different audio formats work .
thank god for that.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:30 am
Truth is the safest lie.

thank god for that.
Men communicate in MP3, women in .wav.

The problem is it's not funny if you have to explain the joke .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.