British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/teh-commander-bemes-soon-very-own-ironman-712186/)

weescot Apr 5th 2011 12:09 pm

Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
The Commander will soon be taking off from our shores to take part in Ironman South Africa at the weekend.

For those of you that need some enlightenment, he will be swimming 2.4 miles (3.9km), cycling 112 miles (180km) and then running a marathon (26.2m/42 km) - all in succession without a break.

Aside from his training achievements, he has also raised over 4grand for MS, partly though the generosity of some board members (he is also still taking donations if you want to PM him). A good effort all round.

Here is to the Commander, wishing him bon voyage and very best wishes on his big day this Sunday.

lionheart Apr 5th 2011 12:11 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
So do you have Kittykat syndrome too?

Alexa Apr 5th 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 9286514)
The Commander will soon be taking off from our shores to take part in Ironman South Africa at the weekend.

For those of you that need some enlightenment, he will be swimming 2.4 miles (3.9km), cycling 112 miles (180km) and then running a marathon (26.2m/42 km) - all in succession without a break.

Aside from his training achievements, he has also raised over 4grand for MS, partly though the generosity of some board members (he is also still taking donations if you want to PM him). A good effort all round.

Here is to the Commander, wishing him bon voyage and very best wishes on his big day this Sunday.

Best of luck to him then.:)

nottmbantam Apr 5th 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
Makes me eyes water just reading about it.

Big respect to The Commander, hope all goes well.

weescot Apr 5th 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9286520)
So do you have Kittykat syndrome too?

Huh?

Hello.Kitty Apr 5th 2011 1:02 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
Wow!

Couldn't begin to fathom why anyone would want to do that of their own free will, but, wow... I doff my cap to you, sir!

Blue Cat Apr 5th 2011 1:21 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
good luck Commander!!

Welivehere Apr 5th 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
Good luck sir. :D

Still waiting for those donation site details on pm....

soukie Apr 5th 2011 2:25 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
:thumbup: All the best Commander.

kittycat1 Apr 5th 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
What is Kittycat syndrome when its at home? Prey tell Lionheart and its KittyCAT with a C!

kittycat1 Apr 5th 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
and good luck commander! although I think we should change your name to something more sporing, Im thinking a wrestling style name, ie Big Daddy, Hulk Hogan etc any suggestions?

Purdey Apr 5th 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 
Best of luck, Commander!

KC syndrome is (I think) writing teh when you mean the - yes?

The Dean Apr 5th 2011 6:30 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 9286514)
The Commander will soon be taking off from our shores to take part in Ironman South Africa at the weekend.

For those of you that need some enlightenment, he will be swimming 2.4 miles (3.9km), cycling 112 miles (180km) and then running a marathon (26.2m/42 km) - all in succession without a break.

Aside from his training achievements, he has also raised over 4grand for MS, partly though the generosity of some board members (he is also still taking donations if you want to PM him). A good effort all round.

Here is to the Commander, wishing him bon voyage and very best wishes on his big day this Sunday.

How do you know so much about Commander's movements? Or am I just a bit too far behind the gossip?

weescot Apr 5th 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9287184)
How do you know so much about Commander's movements? Or am I just a bit too far behind the gossip?

...I sponsored him! All in his fundraising page :-) Plus I occassionally run to him triathlon training.

The Dean Apr 5th 2011 6:36 pm

Re: Teh Commander - BEME's soon to be very own Ironman
 

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 9287192)
...I sponsored him! All in his fundraising page :-) Plus I occassionally run to him triathlon training.

Fundraising "page"?? Oh I see.............. Facebook?

Never seen it, never will. Never going to forgive an old mate who got remarried recently without even telling me he was planning to:

"But I put it on Facebook!"


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:16 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.