British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sweet FA weekend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sweet-fa-weekend-694275/)

Bahtatboy Nov 21st 2010 9:12 am

Sweet FA weekend

Both Chelsea and Arsenal getting stuffed, Man U winning (albeit a bit lamely). Brill!

weasel central Nov 21st 2010 9:45 am

Re: Sweet FA weekend

As a united fan I heartily concur, a top top top weekend for the reds as jamie might say. And if city can drop some points too today would be the icing on the cake:thumbup:

co durham boy Nov 21st 2010 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8994561)
Both Chelsea and Arsenal getting stuffed, Man U winning (albeit a bit lamely). Brill!

Good for the league this year , makes it a bit more interesting !

lionheart Nov 21st 2010 11:41 am

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 8994597)
As a united fan I heartily concur, a top top top weekend for the reds as jamie might say. And if city can drop some points too today would be the icing on the cake:thumbup:

Bog off you rag twat...and I meant that in the nicest possible way.:)

weasel central Nov 21st 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8994756)
Bog off you rag twat...and I meant that in the nicest possible way.:)

:D sure no offense taken... you absolute horror of a human being :p

flares Nov 21st 2010 1:04 pm

Do Man U fans on here have any feelings towards FC United of Manchester?

Fanatical? Support? Indifference? Dislike?

Bahtatboy Nov 21st 2010 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 8994869)

I'm not a die-hard Man U fan (that's reserved for Southend United, god help me). City? Indifference, I suppose, but I think if they ever got to a position of supremacy merely because of the amount of foreign money invested in them, then it would turn to strong dislike, currently reserved for Chelsea (because of their total un-Englishness) and Arsenal coz they're Arsenal.

Think I might be leading with my chin here...

weasel central Nov 21st 2010 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 8994869)

indifference for me, the support of the club is due to the history and the players they had like keane, irwin, mcgrath, stapleton, moran and the big moments in the clubs history, there is nothing like that with the new set up.
but good luck to them:thumbup:

flares Nov 21st 2010 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8994872)
I'm not a die-hard Man U fan (that's reserved for Southend United, god help me). City? Indifference, I suppose, but I think if they ever got to a position of supremacy merely because of the amount of foreign money invested in them, then it would turn to strong dislike, currently reserved for Chelsea (because of their total un-Englishness) and Arsenal coz they're Arsenal.

Think I might be leading with my chin here...

no not FC City of Abu Dhabi, asking bout the offshoot club formed by those who vehemently dislike those weird Glazier folk. Reason I ask is that I'm a United supporter (after Brighton, god help me too) but feel no love whatsoever towards FCUM who Brighton play in the FA Cup shortly.

Bahtatboy Nov 21st 2010 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 8994897)
no not FC City of Abu Dhabi, asking bout the offshoot club formed by those who vehemently dislike those weird Glazier folk. Reason I ask is that I'm a United supporter (after Brighton, god help me too) but feel no love whatsoever towards FCUM who Brighton play in the FA Cup shortly.

Ah, sorry, mis-read your message. No view, other than FCUM is not a particularly appealing name for a website or for anything else.

lionheart Nov 21st 2010 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 8994597)

How is tonight's game for you then?;)

weasel central Nov 22nd 2010 9:24 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8995093)
How is tonight's game for you then?;)

good result for shitty city, locking in their place in the europa cup next year :rolleyes:

haloola Nov 22nd 2010 10:55 am

That's a different kinda "Sweet FA" to what I was expecting. But just as boring, hehe!

weasel central Nov 22nd 2010 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by haloola (Post 8996617)
That's a different kinda "Sweet FA" to what I was expecting. But just as boring, hehe!

shame on you! life cannot exist without football:)

haloola Nov 23rd 2010 3:34 am

haha! I assure u it can.....and does......perfectly happily, lol! Although, have to say, if I supported anyone it would have to be spurs, following family tradition, and they've always been rubbish, so maybe that's why I never got into it.

Do like to follow England thou, but can't say I enjoyed their last world cup match....being in a pub in Scotland....with a German friend...ouch!

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 8996844)
shame on you! life cannot exist without football:)