Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Survey of opinions, on tourists from 5 Western countries.

Survey of opinions, on tourists from 5 Western countries.

Old Mar 14th 2012, 5:38 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Survey of opinions, on tourists from 5 Western countries.

Originally Posted by Meow
I wonder how many of those are living in states bordering Mexico or Canada who just use them to pop over the border, rather than go further afield.
It is only recent that Americans have needed anything other than a birth certificate and/or drivers license to visit Canada, Mexico and much of the Caribbean. 9/11 buggered that up a bit. Since June 2009 (I think) Americans have been required to have a passport (or an enhanced drivers license which is cheaper) to re-enter the States.

Last edited by kimilseung; Mar 14th 2012 at 5:47 am.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:34 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
As an Englishman, I apologise sincerely.
In fact I quite liked it back in the days I was young free and single.

To be honest there is not much difference between the Irish and the English when they go abroad on hols so I find it funny that the English have been singled out.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner

To be honest there is not much difference between the Irish and the English when they go abroad on hols so I find it funny that the English have been singled out.
The difference is mostly in the severity of the sunburn.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:45 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing quite like a 140 kilo, 45 year old bird from Newcastle wearing a fairy costume and trying to stick her tongue down your throat, in the name of hen party banter.
I expect an apology from the queen for that kind trauma
Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:43 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Nothing quite like a 140 kilo, 45 year old bird from Newcastle wearing a fairy costume and trying to stick her tongue down your throat, in the name of hen party banter.
Lionheart's left the forum, do keep up.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:34 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
They don't generally. 90,000 of them in A****inganistan?
They should send more...make it a colony and do the job properly.

Or we could round up all our culturally enriched inner city folks and ship them off to have tea with the Taliban...do what we did with Australia, that turned out alright in the end

N.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:37 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Area of UK: 243,610 sq m
Area of European Union: 4,324,782 sq m
Area of US: 9,826,675 sq m (40 x UK, 2.2 x Europe)

Why do Americans need passports?
Because Brits and Europeans think not having a passport makes you culturally inferior...this is as Europe's birthrates keep on declining and many of the countries are facing a demographic crisis which if left to continue will see ethnic Europeans as minorities in around 50 years....but of course that's all right wing propaganda.

Americans are all loud, burger munching nutters who like to shoot things (which is why I like them of course).

N.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:37 am

As an Anglo-Irish-Colonial type I think I'll have a sincere drink and apologise for not getting the first round in.

N.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 1:16 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
As an Anglo-Irish-Colonial type I think I'll have a sincere drink and apologise for not getting the first round in.

N.
Bombay Sapphire and tonic, please. And make it a double.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
I like it even more now I'm old and married...
Old Mar 16th 2012, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

NewcASTLE now thats a whole different country after 7pm till.......
Old Mar 19th 2012, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

So they can eat at McDonalds and drink Starbuck's coffee in a range of culturally diverse locations
Stayed at an all inclusive type hotel somewhere once, as a bit of a weekend outing where I lived..the hotel was full of brits..all queing to get their hands on some of the local variant of chips. Surprisingly, they were still made of potatoes and deep fried.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:13 am

Bombay Sapphire and tonic, please. And make it a double.