Super Sunday

Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Super Sunday

Originally Posted by Scamp
I enjoyed listening to old Dermot too. Although, despite his experience it is just still another bloke having his say (with some extra insight as you mention).

VK was unlucky, second leg was tucked up but his whole body was off the deck, he won the ball cleanly and I don't remember massive protests from the Arsenal players...still, if Mr Dean thinks that it's dangerous then he has to send him.

Wilshere has to be one of the most overrated young English players since Jenas. Stroppy, petulant little bellend.
I disagree there mate . Wilshere could be a total footballer , he has the ability to go forward and run with the ball like the great Paul Gascoigne .

Players who take one touch then beat players in the middle of the park have the ability to be world beaters .

England will never ever progress without this type of player , every great side has one .
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I disagree there mate . Wilshere could be a total footballer , he has the ability to go forward and run with the ball like the great Paul Gascoigne .

Players who take one touch then beat players in the middle of the park have the ability to be world beaters .

England will never ever progress without this type of player , every great side has one .
That's the key bit. He isn't there yet, isn't consistent, hasn't learnt to control himself, hasn't mastered the role.

He could be mega, but so could I or Tom Hundredstone or Cleverley or Zaha. None are there yet.

Think it's English media hype a year or two too soon.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theseus
Waaaay too much use of the yellow card in that game - the first red was deserved the second one maybe not, however, from where the ref was it looked like a two footed tackle. Lots of silly tackling, Arsenal were awful. Didn't see too much diving, though the players signalling for a yellow card to the ref really annoys me.
Nice to find a lady football fan who is more knowledgeable and can express herself more eloquently than most gents.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

That's the key bit. He isn't there yet, isn't consistent, hasn't learnt to control himself, hasn't mastered the role.

He could be mega, but so could I or Tom Hundredstone or Cleverley or Zaha. None are there yet.

Think it's English media hype a year or two too soon.
Of course he isn't mate but i'll have him in my side ahead of Gareth Barry and his ilk .

Wilshere is a game winning player .
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Of course he isn't mate but i'll have him in my side ahead of Gareth Barry and his ilk .

I take your point.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Barry is what makes city tick. If you watch him week in week out like I do as a city fan then you see how important he is to us. If you only catch the highlights then you wont really know he even played. Yes he is slow but his reading of the play is exemplary.

I think it says a lot about how Barry is regarded by his fellow players that both David Silva and Sergio Aguero both named his as their player of the season for last season.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
Barry is what makes city tick. If you watch him week in week out like I do as a city fan then you see how important he is to us. If you only catch the highlights then you wont really know he even played. Yes he is slow but his reading of the play is exemplary.

I think it says a lot about how Barry is regarded by his fellow players that both David Silva and Sergio Aguero both named his as their player of the season for last season.
Barry is a one trick pony , too slow and too predictable . He was horrific in the last World Cup . In the game against Germany Muller and Ozil and Co treated the boy to a midfield masterclass . He also has the turning circle of the Ark Royal .

We're talking about midfield players who can change and influence games , there's no doubt the boy does a job for City but he's ordinary .

Raise the bar...
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:28 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mentalist
Nice to find a lady football fan who is more knowledgeable and can express herself more eloquently than most gents.
And inevitable to find a gentleman football fan to patronise her for it...
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Barry is a one trick pony , too slow and too predictable . He was horrific in the last World Cup . In the game against Germany Muller and Ozil and Co treated the boy to a midfield masterclass . He also has the turning circle of the Ark Royal .

We're talking about midfield players who can change and influence games , there's no doubt the boy does a job for City but he's ordinary .

Raise the bar...
he wasn't fit at the World Cup.

I'm pretty sure he influenced the game against Reading last month when he scored a last minute winner. he allows the other players in the team to cause damage i.e. Silva

So let me get this right he does a job for the current Champions of England played in pretty much every game of that season yet he is ordinary??
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:31 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Um, except he isn't at the moment, is he? (Speaking as a bewildered Gooner).
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

he wasn't fit at the World Cup.

I'm pretty sure he influenced the game against Reading last month when he scored a last minute winner. he allows the other players in the team to cause damage i.e. Silva

So let me get this right he does a job for the current Champions of England played in pretty much every game of that season yet he is ordinary??

Yes he's ordinary , put your loyalties to one side mate .

Just another Premiership workhorse .
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

we will agree to disagree then! If you watched him week in week out you would see how important he is to us. You can't have a team of Silva's, Nasri's, Mata's etc. You need workhorses.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:51 am
Account Closed

we will agree to disagree then! If you watched him week in week out you would see how important he is to us. You can't have a team of Silva's, Nasri's, Mata's etc. You need workhorses.
What about Milner?

I love him, but so many hate him.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

What about Milner?

I love him, but so many hate him.
May sound like I have tinted glasses but Milner is a good player. He should get more game time than he does. Was MotM yesterday for me.

In the world cup he was played out of position and always covering for Johnson.

Rather than just sounding like I always praise City players that Dutch player united have isn't to bad.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

May sound like I have tinted glasses but Milner is a good player. He should get more game time than he does. Was MotM yesterday for me.

In the world cup he was played out of position and always covering for Johnson.

Rather than just sounding like I always praise City players that Dutch player united have isn't to bad.
Now the Dutch player i'd pay money to go and see . I take your point that you need these players in a side to make the balance right .

My original point was that we need a different type of midfield player to unlock world class teams at the highest level .

Jack Wilshere is our best bet since Gazza and Scholes . Remember they called Didier Deschamps the water carrier but he didnt turn games .

The left that to a fella called Zinedene Zidane....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.