Sunderland

Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunderland

Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Someone in a thread somewhere else said this season for English teams and the PL, it's not been incredible or with any real top 4 dominance, more like a collection of dwarves with United being the tallest dwarf.
Hmmmmm, I'll agree that none of the teams have been very good and that it's been a pretty average season with no one team dazzling. The performances in Europe pretty much prove that (although United were robbed) but I would say there is still a group of 4/5 teams at the top - the usual 4 plus Spurs followed by the next 2 - EFC & LFC. The rest other than the ones fighting for relegation are much of a muchness.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Have you watched the video? What went through the idiot's head? Who punches a horse? Nice bit on the footage is when a copper flattens him with a flying headlock though. Quality tackle that.

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Hmmmmm, I'll agree that none of the teams have been very good and that it's been a pretty average season with no one team dazzling. The performances in Europe pretty much prove that (although United were robbed) but I would say there is still a group of 4/5 teams at the top - the usual 4 plus Spurs followed by the next 2 - EFC & LFC. The rest other than the ones fighting for relegation are much of a muchness.
Aherm. Southampton are not much of a muchness. We play the best football in the league. Ask SAF.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

The rest other than the ones fighting for relegation are much of a muchness.
the rest are still fighting relegation, other than the 6 you mentioned there's a fag paper between them

11 Southampton 33 -7 38
12 West Ham 32 -9 38
13 Newcastle 33 -17 36
14 Norwich 33 -21 35
15 Sunderland 33 -8 34
16 Stoke 33 -13 34
17 Aston Villa 33 -24 34
18 Wigan 31 -20 31
19 QPR 33 -25 24
20 Reading 33 -27 24
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
but you can only taste disappointment now, you should be expected to win everything given the funds available

disappointed you didn't retain the league, nowhere near
disappointed you were so shite in Europe
disappointed you were feeble in the league cup

but I'm sure you will be enormously proud if you beat the mighty Wigan
Stop trying to wind me up. The United squad cost 300 million, roughly the same as City, who have only been together a few years under their current management. Finishing second will be a good achievement. That will be three top three finishes in three years. Plus two FA Cup Finals and the Community Shield. As for Europe, two of our group rivals have reached the semi finals. The only serious disappointment this season was Balotelli, as he was destined for a great future. Now it will be in Italy rather than Manchester.Incidentally, I would love Stoke to go down but I fear that the FA Cup may distract Wigan from their survival business.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Aherm. Southampton are not much of a muchness. We play the best football in the league. Ask SAF.
OK I am with you on that. I have become quite an admirer of Southampton this season. Very good work!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sandboy
the rest are still fighting relegation, other than the 6 you mentioned there's a fag paper between them

11 Southampton 33 -7 38
12 West Ham 32 -9 38
13 Newcastle 33 -17 36
14 Norwich 33 -21 35
15 Sunderland 33 -8 34
16 Stoke 33 -13 34
17 Aston Villa 33 -24 34
18 Wigan 31 -20 31
19 QPR 33 -25 24
20 Reading 33 -27 24
Agreed to a point BUT you have to take their remaining matches into account also. Some have a bigger hill to climb than others and some have no f**king chance!

For me, I see Reading, QPR and Villa going down!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

OK I am with you on that. I have become quite an admirer of Southampton this season. Very good work!
Haha, you're very kind - I'm obviously not neutral eh.

Agreed to a point BUT you have to take their remaining matches into account also. Some have a bigger hill to climb than others and some have no f**king chance!

For me, I see Reading, QPR and Villa going down!
Smart on Villa. Goal difference is the best indicator of where teams should be.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mentalist
The United squad cost 300 million, roughly the same as City
Yeah but over how many seasons? And is Mancini not already come out saying he is going to ''buy big'' at the end of this season after the drop in form from last season?

Without going into the same old discussion about the source of the cash can you really believe that City's level of expenditure is sustainable? What are they going to do when the fair play rules come in? City were lucky getting in the massively over market value stadium renaming deal of £400 from Etihad.

City's wage bill has already broken £200M which is ~£30M more than Chelsea and £40M more than United. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8387935

So assuming that United win the EPL this season that's ~£40M for the win, £40M less on wages, so £80M difference before you even kick a ball next season. Also that's not including the fact United bring in approx £110M a year in profit while City have been running at a loss (approx £110M last season). Agreed United do have debt (@£350M at the end of 2013) but repayments are set up and will continue until 2017.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Haha, you're very kind - I'm obviously not neutral eh.
Well I've never been accused of being neutral either! (see my previous post)

Indeed. Wigan I would have thought with 2 games in hand will be fine, especially after the FA Cup final. And Stoke as you say should be OK on goal diff.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

true, there are usually only a few teams out of sequence by the end of the season
Old Apr 15th 2013, 2:06 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 3 is the magic number !!!!

Last edited by Fossildog; Apr 15th 2013 at 2:09 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Apr 15th 2013, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.