British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Summer then... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/summer-then-679949/)

Bakerboy Aug 10th 2010 6:17 pm

Re: The Summer then...

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8767080)
Whats Double Diamond...

Its a cider drink

The joke goes:

A blond is in a bar and an Arab goes up to her, He says "If you get your left boob out, I will give you a diamond" So she gets her left boob out. He then goes "If you get your right boob out, I will give you another Diamond." So she gets her right boob out. She then goes, "Pay up Mr" So the Arab goes to the Barman "A bottle of Double Diamond for lady please."

benzonar Aug 10th 2010 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8767093)
OK are you all speaking in code, what's White Lightning?

It's what students used to buy to drink when Thunderbird or 20/20 was beyond their financial means.

(Twas a very dodgy cider)

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 6:18 pm

Grace- its what tramps drink- awful stuff!

Patsy Stoned Aug 10th 2010 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bakerboy (Post 8767074)
I better cancel the order for a bottle of Double Diamond then,,,, :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It was so obvious sweetie which is why I declined :)

Grace O Malley Aug 10th 2010 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8767098)
It's what students used to buy to drink when Thunderbird or 20/20 was beyond their financial means.

(Twas a very dodgy cider)

Thunderbird I know, don't think I ever drank it though...

benzonar Aug 10th 2010 6:22 pm

Oops, looks like Double Diamond was a dodgy beer, it was Diamond White that was the Cider.

http://uk-img2.ciao.com/iuk/images/p...ct-7523303.jpg

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 6:23 pm

I don't remember Thunderbird being that bad- 20/20 banana and something was a bit rough, I used to do my own special mix, my brothers cycle flask with a bit of everything from my parents drinks cabinet in it- one hell of a mix- think I even put Taboo in it, along with whisky, vodka, gin, and god knows what else! leathal- might explain the whole having you stomach pumped scenario... nicht gut!

Grace O Malley Aug 10th 2010 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8767100)
Grace- its what tramps drink- awful stuff!

see that's what I like about BE, so rich in culture....

Liebfraumilch was the drink of choice or Blue Nun, gross but cheap...

benzonar Aug 10th 2010 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8767112)
I don't remember Thunderbird being that bad- 20/20 banana and something was a bit rough, I used to do my own special mix, my brothers cycle flask with a bit of everything from my parents drinks cabinet in it- one hell of a mix- think I even put Taboo in it, along with whisky, vodka, gin, and god knows what else! leathal- might explain the whole having you stomach pumped scenario... nicht gut!

What was it with Taboo, I'm sure everyone's parents had a bottle of it in the drinks cabinet but yet noone ever seemed to drink it. Same with Tia Maria.

Bakerboy Aug 10th 2010 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8767104)
It was so obvious sweetie which is why I declined :)

OOOOOH Patsy, your street smart......
You should of said to that man "Does that come in Man size" or "Is it cold outside"...
Obviously, this wouldnt work on me,,,,,,,:thumbsup:

Bakerboy Aug 10th 2010 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8767123)
What was it with Taboo, I'm sure everyone's parents had a bottle of it in the drinks cabinet but yet noone ever seemed to drink it. Same with Tia Maria.

No Way, one of my best nights was with a bottle of taboo, six bottles of champagne and 2 Eastern European girls,,,,,,:eek::eek::eek:

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 6:30 pm

I like Tia Maria- its my end of night drink! good alternative to baileys which inevitably makes a reappearance!

Patsy Stoned Aug 10th 2010 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bakerboy (Post 8767127)
OOOOOH Patsy, your street smart......
You should of said to that man "Does that come in Man size" or "Is it cold outside"...
Obviously, this wouldnt work on me,,,,,,,:thumbsup:

far too crass darling! and rather an obvious retort :)

Autonomy Aug 10th 2010 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8767136)
I like Tia Maria- its my end of night drink! good alternative to baileys which inevitably makes a reappearance!

B52 - work of the devil.... and guaranteed to make a reappearance....

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 6:49 pm

I like B52's now Sambuca- it doesnt even make it past my tonsils! straight back out - Tequila I just about manage to keep down and has desired effect :D