Summer Holidays

Old Jul 8th 2015, 5:14 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer Holidays

Was originally just sending Mrs Shed, but then last Friday thought, cant do any more Ramadan and started booking and planning.

Just woke up this morning in Winchester, UK. Loving the clouds and the fresh air.

First time for years I have holidayed in UK and already loving it.

Thought it was all going Pete Tong yesterday though. EK A380, ready for take off and gets a puncture, back to gate for a wheel change. Landing in big cross winds at LHR, big gust, missed runway and had to go around. Exciting start to the trip.

Anyways, I have done my usual military precision planning and have all of the planes, trains and automobiles lined up for a great two weeks covering 90% of England south of Birmingham.

See you in a few weeks guys and enjoy your hols!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2015, 5:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
Was originally just sending Mrs Shed, but then last Friday thought, cant do any more Ramadan and started booking and planning.

Just woke up this morning in Winchester, UK. Loving the clouds and the fresh air.
Nice, you've started in a beautiful place.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

UK next week for two weeks, then back here for a week before heading to Seychelles for a week.

Back to the UK for Christmas for 2 weeks.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:09 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
After holiday I've got 3-4 weeks with the Mrs back in the UK. What normally happens is; first week - booze on school nights, take aways but keep the place semi respectable. Second week - bit more chaos, but a bit less boozing on school nights. Third week - abject misery and desperation for her to just come home. Slight depression because there is the realisation that actually, life without her would so horridly bang average and it makes you feel fully dependent on another person, which is sort of scary. Fourth week - who is she? What does she look like? Why am I having to book a maid for this stranger's return?

China?
Spot on...the first few days were mint, living on proper junk (2nd day I had a bag of Haribo for breakfast). The mid-week drinking has now lost its appeal so spending my evenings watching downloads.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

China?
yeh, Beijing is a great city and I have a couple of friends there. Pollution is god-awful though.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 5:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Spot on...the first few days were mint, living on proper junk (2nd day I had a bag of Haribo for breakfast). The mid-week drinking has now lost its appeal so spending my evenings watching downloads.

My mates' mrs is away for two weeks, this week was first and was fine because I went round and we went to the mall and he came for a beer etc. But next week I'm away and he won't do anything. Last night he said; "thanks for looking after me this week". Hilarious how we all just fall apart (some more than others and some more openly than others).

Haribo for brekkie is inspired though. Do it when she's back just to see the reaction.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
yeh, Beijing is a great city and I have a couple of friends there. Pollution is god-awful though.
I'd sort of like to go, sort of wouldn't. Great Wall would be cool to see along with the terracotta army etc. But not the biggest fan of the Chinese in general, maybe that's because I've only really encountered tourists of theirs...

DO you wear a mask? Bet you feel giant over there? (sorry, couldn't resist)
Old Jul 9th 2015, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Already had mine

Two brilliant weeks in Gozo celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and my 40th birthday.

Drinking local wine and beer at 10.30 in the morning overlooking Marsalforn Bay, glorious.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The elephant population of Tanzania has declined by 60% in the last five years alone due to poaching, and 99.99% of the ivory is headed straight for China.

I won't go to China because of this. Their government doesn't care and won't do anything to stop the ivory trade that's decimating African wildlife. China is a country that has no respect for anything outside China, and pretty little respect for what's left within China. They've sold out all principles or beliefs or ethics or morals.

And yes, Chinese tourists are the worst. I hate seeing them gagging and spitting phlegm into the waste bins at the Dubai Mall in full sight of everyone.

:rofl

I'd sort of like to go, sort of wouldn't. Great Wall would be cool to see along with the terracotta army etc. But not the biggest fan of the Chinese in general, maybe that's because I've only really encountered tourists of theirs...

DO you wear a mask? Bet you feel giant over there? (sorry, couldn't resist)

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Jul 9th 2015 at 7:34 am.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 8:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
The elephant population of Tanzania has declined by 60% in the last five years alone due to poaching, and 99.99% of the ivory is headed straight for China.

I won't go to China because of this. Their government doesn't care and won't do anything to stop the ivory trade that's decimating African wildlife. China is a country that has no respect for anything outside China, and pretty little respect for what's left within China. They've sold out all principles or beliefs or ethics or morals.

And yes, Chinese tourists are the worst. I hate seeing them gagging and spitting phlegm into the waste bins at the Dubai Mall in full sight of everyone.
Fair enough. I just dislike their tourists as it's easy to generalise the majority of them as quite disgusting and rude. But that's according to my standards so my mrs rightly tells me to bite my tongue and ignore things that I find disgusting in a country that neither them or I are from and just accept that some things are normal here and not normal there etc.

Now that's the placated, relaxed me. It's hard to find that place when getting wound up by idiots.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 8:45 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with DXBtoDOH on this one. I would dearly love to go to China, but refuse to because of the way they treat the rest of the world and their average citizens. I won't ever go to India for similar reasons.

Sometimes, you just have to draw a line and stand by your morals.

BTW Scamp, this part of the UK is beautiful.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with DXBtoDOH on this one. I would dearly love to go to China, but refuse to because of the way they treat the rest of the world and their average citizens. I won't ever go to India for similar reasons.

But you are OK with living in the Arab world (and going to Pakistan for business) Interesting.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 9:20 am
Account Closed

It's difficult - I don't disagree that standing by what you think and avoiding places / countries etc that operate in a manner against what you think to be right and fair is entirely your perogative.

Difficult to find the line that you will cross though.

Winchester and Hampshire in general are lovely, anything West from there as well is glorious. Especially in sunshine.

But you are OK with living in the Arab world (and going to Pakistan for business) Interesting.
People will always pick and choose. You (or anyone) could shout hypocrite, but if everyone didnt go to / buy stuff that was made / produced / developed in a manner they find abhorrent....then none of us would do much at all.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

People will always pick and choose. You (or anyone) could shout hypocrite, but if everyone didnt go to / buy stuff that was made / produced / developed in a manner they find abhorrent....then none of us would do much at all.
but why pick on the Indians when the Pakistani's or Arabs are exactly the same?

The truth is most of the developing world is utterly despicable - I just don't understand why anyone would pick and choose their ethical / moral positions. I treat them all equally and with the contempt that they deserve
Old Jul 9th 2015, 9:30 am
Account Closed

but why pick on the Indians when the Pakistani's or Arabs are exactly the same?

The truth is most of the developing world is utterly despicable - I just don't understand why anyone would pick and choose their ethical / moral positions. I treat them all equally and with the contempt that they deserve
That's what I meant, people are always going to pick and choose because loathing everything and everyone would leave you living in a box and interacting / enjoying nothing.

I hate a lot of people, a lot of nationalities and I broadly stereotype huge swathes of folk. I make no apologies for it either, but my assessments have made me think China isn't somewhere I want to visit just now. Nor do I have any desire whatsoever of going to Russia, for similar reasons.

Is what it is. If someone has a more concrete, evidence based ethical reason than me then fair play to them. If they choose to ignore a similar ethically based, factual reason to avoid a different but perhaps similar country and continue to visit that place then it's up to them.

Sometimes choice is important. I choose to live here so I choose to abide by rules I don't agree with. I choose to be a good boy. Ethically, this city is very poor but we all realign our moral compasses to 'cope' with that because there is personal gain.

China and Russia don't appeal because I don't want to spend time surrounded by the Chinese or Russians. I might be wrong and someone might tell me they're all wonderful. Good for them. Awesome. I don't care. I don't see enough benefit in seeing the Great Wall or the Red Square etc to justify perhaps spending money and visiting these places. One day I might, one day I might not.

**** me, that turned into an essay. Hopefully you get my drift.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's what I meant, people are always going to pick and choose because loathing everything and everyone would leave you living in a box and interacting / enjoying nothing.

I hate a lot of people, a lot of nationalities and I broadly stereotype huge swathes of folk. I make no apologies for it either, but my assessments have made me think China isn't somewhere I want to visit just now. Nor do I have any desire whatsoever of going to Russia, for similar reasons.

Is what it is. If someone has a more concrete, evidence based ethical reason than me then fair play to them. If they choose to ignore a similar ethically based, factual reason to avoid a different but perhaps similar country and continue to visit that place then it's up to them.

Sometimes choice is important. I choose to live here so I choose to abide by rules I don't agree with. I choose to be a good boy. Ethically, this city is very poor but we all realign our moral compasses to 'cope' with that because there is personal gain.

China and Russia don't appeal because I don't want to spend time surrounded by the Chinese or Russians. I might be wrong and someone might tell me they're all wonderful. Good for them. Awesome. I don't care. I don't see enough benefit in seeing the Great Wall or the Red Square etc to justify perhaps spending money and visiting these places. One day I might, one day I might not.

**** me, that turned into an essay. Hopefully you get my drift.
Moscow is an amazing place mate. Don't knock it until you've seen it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.