Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

"Stop Imposing English on Our Children"

"Stop Imposing English on Our Children"

Old Mar 9th 2013, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Stop Imposing English on Our Children"

Originally Posted by Meow
Read your blog? Good grief, no. Whatever for? 99% of blogs are a total waste of time, serve no purpose and the self-important, pointless witterings should remain as a personal diary.
Having just read your homepage, I wonder why you are so down on others' self-important, pointless witterings. Plenty of examples of dodgy English in the sample you offer! Why on earth do you leave them uncorrected? People in glass houses, you know...
Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

We had technical trainees in the airline in Jeddah who expected to get technical manuals on maintenance in Arabic. We had to disappoint them.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:14 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Ahh – loose, lose, what difference does it make, eh? You know what I mean.
Confusing lose and loose happens not just in Cayman, but all over the English-speaking world. Unfortunately, the rest of the world isn’t doing anything to fix the problem, so we must fix it ourselves – if we can.
So you and your blogees in Cayman are going to fix the problem of the English-speaking world confusing lose and loose. "Subjects, I have a vision of world domination!" Gordon Bennett.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Having just read your homepage, I wonder why you are so down on others' self-important, pointless witterings. Plenty of examples of dodgy English in the sample you offer! Why on earth do you leave them uncorrected? People in glass houses, you know...
You're a charmer, aren't you? That's sarcasm, by the way. Do you feel that calling me names, per your previous post, is big and clever?

At least my blog has a purpose and provides information and isn't just "I got up and had breakfast' like so many. This is demonstrated by the hits and feedback I receive. Like 99% of posters on the ME forum, I have no interest in reading the ramblings of some random old bloke in the Caymans

But if it makes you feel better, you keep being rude; whoever you are.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

I Miss 'Jack'!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Or just get yourself down to Kaibo and have a drink?