Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Springsteen concert....

Springsteen concert....

Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:37 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Springsteen concert....

Playing in Hyde Park, London on Sunday June 28th....my tickets safely purchased, and now looking forward to a sunny evening in London and a night of great music....
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Springsteen concert....

Originally Posted by BangleMan
looking forward to a sunny evening in London and a night of great music....
you're likely to be disappointed on both counts then...

MM, xx
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:56 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
you're likely to be disappointed on both counts then...

MM, xx
Oiiiii, dont diss Springsteen, or I will have to take a stick to you
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Oiiiii, dont diss Springsteen, or I will have to take a stick to you
i don't do pain...

MM, xx
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:03 pm
Hammer for Life

i don't do pain...

MM, xx
so why listen to Morissey then ?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so why listen to Morissey then ?
no it's the reason i don't listen to springsteen...mozza is a legend, as you know...

MM, xx
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:05 pm
Hammer for Life

no it's the reason i don't listen to springsteen...mozza is a legend, as you know...

MM, xx
we'll agree to differ, or it could get nasty....
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

we'll agree to differ, or it could get nasty....
of course...shall i start on the hammers instead then...

MM, xx
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:10 pm
Hammer for Life

of course...shall i start on the hammers instead then...

MM, xx
watch your step young lady !
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

watch your step young lady !
mmwwaahhhh...

MM, xx
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:18 pm
Hammer for Life

mmwwaahhhh...

MM, xx
dont try and get around me .....you have crossed the line now !
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dont try and get around me .....you have crossed the line now !
awww...i've even gone and got my hammers scarf on especially for you...

MM, xx
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:26 pm
Hammer for Life

awww...i've even gone and got my hammers scarf on especially for you...

MM, xx
Did you get if it from Ann Summers.....a woman with a claret and blue scarf wrapped around them is the equivalent of her having sexy lingerie on ...lol (unless its some old Granny with no teeth and blue hair !)
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Playing in Hyde Park, London on Sunday June 28th....my tickets safely purchased, and now looking forward to a sunny evening in London and a night of great music....
Springsteen was responsible - thumbs up, hands down - for the three finest live performances I have ever seen - and I've been a concert goer since 1972.

The sheer power and energy of the guy - combined with a brilliant bunch of musicians - has never been exceeded in my experience.

I hope old age hasn't withered his performance.............. it's certainly affected mine..........
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Bruce Springsteen play Roundhay Park,Leeds, 1985. One of the more memorable concerts I've been to ( still got the ticket stub at home ) It was around the time of his 'Born In The USA' album, so he was pretty hot in the charts those days. Approx 80,000 people in Roundhay that day, some estimate it was a whole lot more due to a few thousand gate crashers.

It was a legendary four hour gig by the big man, backed by The E Street Band-so if he's still on form , be prepared for a long day!

Co-incidentally, it was also on the same day that a 17 yr previously unheard of German , won the Wimbledon Mens Singles.

Last edited by nottmbantam; Feb 11th 2009 at 6:13 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.