Speeding Taxis

Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:28 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding Taxis

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Aye, me too....

I consider myself a good tipper, but if any of them try and short change me, they receive nothing.... And not just taxis....
aye I got one the other morning, pretended not to hear me and then pretended not to know how to tune the radio into what I wanted, drove like and idiot and when I asked him to pull up next to a car he went somewhere else, I told him 'over there, thats where I work' and he still never stopped,

so the cab was AED41 and I gave him a hundred and told him I wanted the exact change, he told me he only had AED 50 so I took the hundred back and told him to come back to my work when he had the change and got out,

he pulled up after me and told me he 'had the change' and gave it to me.

I did tell him he was a wanker before I left though, miserable twat.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye I got one the other morning, pretended not to hear me and then pretended not to know how to tune the radio into what I wanted, drove like and idiot and when I asked him to pull up next to a car he went somewhere else, I told him 'over there, thats where I work' and he still never stopped,

so the cab was AED41 and I gave him a hundred and told him I wanted the exact change, he told me he only had AED 50 so I took the hundred back and told him to come back to my work when he had the change and got out,

he pulled up after me and told me he 'had the change' and gave it to me.

I did tell him he was a wanker before I left though, miserable twat.
Sounds like something I'd do.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
sorry Jeeper but yes I would have told him, they earn a pittance as it is.
But if you earnt that much I am certain you would drive very carefully.
These clowns drive like lunatics. If they were that afraid of cameras....they'd not be blatting about like F1 drivers.

I'm taxiing daily at mo (buying a car is a risky investment right now)...and was in a taxi and they guy was roaring up the back of other vehicles and flashing his lights. I said to him "is that really necessary?"

He just laughed.

I'm convinced that if you warn them about a camera they'll slow down...and then speed up...and eventually maybe kill someone.
If you don't warn them.....they might lose their months income or whatever....but that's not a life lost and maybe they'll learn no?

At first I felt guilty....now i'm convinced it's only justice.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
But if you earnt that much I am certain you would drive very carefully.
These clowns drive like lunatics. If they were that afraid of cameras....they'd not be blatting about like F1 drivers.

I'm taxiing daily at mo (buying a car is a risky investment right now)...and was in a taxi and they guy was roaring up the back of other vehicles and flashing his lights. I said to him "is that really necessary?"

He just laughed.

I'm convinced that if you warn them about a camera they'll slow down...and then speed up...and eventually maybe kill someone.
If you don't warn them.....they might lose their months income or whatever....but that's not a life lost and maybe they'll learn no?

At first I felt guilty....now i'm convinced it's only justice.
agree 100%.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Waqs is an unknown quantity at this point

When I went to London last month, I've never been dropped to the airport so fast from where I live. Basically the taxi driver was setting off every single camera on emirates road. Maybe he was quitting that day lol.