Speed Cameras

Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speed Cameras

The new fangled lollipop looking poles with cameras in have sprouted up on Emirates Road.
There are 8 between AR interchange and Al Ain interchange that were not there on Thursday!
No idea if they are working or not yet, but for those with lead in their shoes, beware!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

elske is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speed Cameras

Originally Posted by scarletfan
The new fangled lollipop looking poles with cameras in have sprouted up on Emirates Road.
There are 8 between AR interchange and Al Ain interchange that were not there on Thursday!
No idea if they are working or not yet, but for those with lead in their shoes, beware!
Very new in the UAE. So what if you drive too fast... how high can the bill get?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by elske
Very new in the UAE. So what if you drive too fast... how high can the bill get?
I have been caught speeding a couple of times, but as I drive a company car, which is leased, fines are sent to the company on a regular basis.
I think the last fine for speeding was AED550, can't quite remember.

Have a look on this list from Gulf news, which contains a guide to circa 150 traffic fines.

http://archive.gulfnews.com/nation/T.../10194450.html
Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

MattH268 is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed them installing a few yesterday afternoon on the emirates road.

I was advised to check https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/english/main.jsp to find out if my hire car had any fines before I hand it back. Fortunately more through luck I haven't had any but its easy to speed as you just go with the flow where everyone is ignoring the beeper!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:46 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Got this today:

"SEE THE NEW ROTATING TYPE TRAFFIC CONTROL CAMERA,

CAN TAKE FULL PHOTOGRAPHS FROM BOTH SIDE OF ROAD,

CAN TAKE PHOTO WHILE TAKING INSIDE THE CAR EVEN DARK GLASS,

CHECK YOUR TRAFFIC / RTA FINES EVERY MONTH,

NON PAYING / OVERDEW TRAFFIC FINE WILL MULTIPLY FROM INITIAL FINES.

(EXAMPLE: INITIAL FINE: DHS 100.00, IF NOT PAID WITH IN MONTH; NEXT MONTH DHS 200.00)

BETTER, CHECK EVERY MONTH PLEASE TO BE ON SAFER SIDE."
Attached Thumbnails Speed Cameras-camera.bmp  
Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Got this today:

(EXAMPLE: INITIAL FINE: DHS 100.00, IF NOT PAID WITH IN MONTH; NEXT MONTH DHS 200.00)

That's the type on Emirates Rd, only they look smaller, quite hard to miss unless you know they are there
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

That's the type on Emirates Rd, only they look smaller, quite hard to miss unless you know they are there
...and if you DO know where they are?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jeeper
...and if you DO know where they are?
cut your speed to just under 140
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Got this today:

How do they expect to catch people out if they put up a camera pole with a big white sign saying "CAMERA" on it, and with a big yellow arrow pointing at it????
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Got this today:

Hey i was sent this the other day and they claim it is on Business Bay Road.... where the **** is that road! I use business bay every day and i have looked while driving very slow to try and spot it and i still cant!?!

Oh and just a note, i also heard that they are going to start giving black points to speeding drivers, and not the ones who double the speed limit! Get 24 and you have your licence taken from you and you are made to sit a test after the ban is complete?!

It really is about time they start clamping down, i witnessed the most horrendous crash on business bay all because of t!t heads speeding in and out of traffic... god knows if the bloke lost his life!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

This afternoon the RTA were installing these new cameras on Sheikh Zayed Road from the Jebel Ali Industrial exit all the way to the Abu Dhabi border. In total I must have seen about 10 new cameras.

So anyone going travelling to Abu Dhabi and back take care.

Scratcher
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Reliable sources tell me that they are not operational yet
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:58 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

New joint initiative being launched by RTA and Dubai Police. 11km stretch of Sheikh Zayed Road; more visible police presence to deter speeders and tailgaters. Unmarked police cars, cameras and radar to penalise those that speed, ignore the visible police and drive recklessly. Zero tolerance! The current "Dummy" campaign is the educational part, next comes the penalty.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:11 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
New joint initiative being launched by RTA and Dubai Police. 11km stretch of Sheikh Zayed Road; more visible police presence to deter speeders and tailgaters. Unmarked police cars, cameras and radar to penalise those that speed, ignore the visible police and drive recklessly. Zero tolerance! The current "Dummy" campaign is the educational part, next comes the penalty.
Wouldnt mind if the police led by example but they end up driving just as badly as the idiots....
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:13 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Wouldnt mind if the police led by example but they end up driving just as badly as the idiots....
They are being "re-educated" as we speak...allegedly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.