Wikiposts

Sore eyes question

Old Feb 13th 2011, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sore eyes question

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I can confirm that it is the most horrific experience of my life. I've had moles and things removed under local anesthetic (and watch the whole procedure) as I'm 100% not squirmish, but the whole eye thing was awful. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that they had already cut my right eye I would have stopped it after he did the left one.

* that said, it's great now.
I considered this but i'm only slightly short-sighted and my optician / eye doctor type person said that if i stay as i am now the chances of needing reading glasses in later life would be slim however, if i did have it done then i'd almost be guaranteed to need reading glasses eventually.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 1:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Surely not over here?
I know alot of people who have had it done here.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can confirm that it is the most horrific experience of my life. I've had moles and things removed under local anesthetic (and watch the whole procedure) as I'm 100% not squirmish, but the whole eye thing was awful. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that they had already cut my right eye I would have stopped it after he did the left one.

* that said, it's great now.
That sounds horrific! I feinted having my ears pierced let alone the smell of burning eyeballs and a 007 type baddie operating a lazer gun
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
That doesn't make it a good idea.

The reality is that the risks are the same no matter where you do it and much of it is down to the machine used (and the maintenance and calibration of the machine). That said, it is also a volume business and it the more procedures the surgeon has done the better.

However, the main difference is the recourse if things go wrong. In the UK, regardless of the waiver you sign, you could still sue them (or their company) if they acted with negligence. Here, I doubt you would ever hear from them again (clearly it is hearing and not seeing at this point).

It's a bit like the whole silicon in the ass thing. In the US that family will be able to seek some recourse... here, Dr Saad would just bugger off back to Syria for a bit before coming back to do it all again.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:32 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
got the eyepatch thing from bodyshop by the way, thanks for that.