Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So what do miss from the UK?

So what do miss from the UK?

Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:17 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what do miss from the UK?

Originally Posted by Robbies
ha, that's nothing...

Went to the car wash after work last night... Epco on Al Wasl. I was at the end of the queue and on the other side of the queue is some area that people park in. Someone came out of the garage shop, got in their car and of course I was blocking them. So, they tooted and I obliged by reversing back so they could get out of their space.

Nice gent, non-expat, swiftly reversed out of his space, straightened up and voila, he was in the car wash queue IN FRONT OF ME!!!! Arrogant f***er!

Suffice to say, after he game me some wave as if to say "suck it up" I left the garage in a foul mood and proceeded home with a still dirty car.

Things like that ROYALLY piss me off here, even though I try to ignore it. I always know that once 3.30 on a Thursday arrives its good times for a few days though.

I absolutely love the weekends here!
yu should have given him some grief.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yu should have given him some grief.
if its a local then not a good idea to give them grief.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:20 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

well I'm back to see my mates and its my mams 60th, so I know she'd appreciate it. We're back in august for a wedding and NYE for a wedding as well, they're not just trips back for no reason.
I wasnt suggesting you were wrong, as I didnt know the reasons for the returns to the UK......

Its just always been the way I have tried to settle into a new environment........
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
I wasnt suggesting you were wrong, as I didnt know the reasons for the returns to the UK......

Its just always been the way I have tried to settle into a new environment........
it does make sense.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
if its a local then not a good idea to give them grief.
yeah I guess so, its a good job I don;t drive really.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:33 am

it does make sense.
Sorry, Spugsy, could you re-post that statement, but this time make the font size about 30 and bold for me.... I want it noted that someone here thinks I talk sense.......lol
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Sorry, Spugsy, could you re-post that statement, but this time make the font size about 30 and bold for me.... I want it noted that someone here thinks I talk sense.......lol
it was a one off mate, it probably won't happen again.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

you may talk sense but with your accent nobody would notice
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:43 am

it was a one off mate, it probably won't happen again.
Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you may talk sense but with your accent nobody would notice
I get castigated for talking nonsense, then castigated for talking sense.....

I just cannae ******' win........
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Fairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really nice

We have been here since Feb 10th and the only thing I miss is family and friends.Living in UK all my life we love it here there are a few things that take getting used to but on the whole we already dread going back to the UK to live.It was very lonely the first few weeks here very homesick but it gets easier.We have brought our youngest son with us he was 18 2 weeks ago and took him to the Hard Rock Cafe to celebrate it was nice but if we would have been at home we would have had his mates around and had a party.We dont know many people here yet.My other three children are back in Uk the next one is in Bangor Uni and the other two have there own homes and partners.Before I came to Dubai to make it easier I planned a trip back to the UK for 4 weeks to visit everyone we have kept our house in UK so my son and myself will stay there as my husband is in work he will stay in Dubai.Anyway Im waffling on and going off topic just to say Dubai is fantastic just miss family and friends.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

When I first left my home town (Back in 91, moved to London) I made the decision to stay in London for a minimum of 9 months before my first visit back......

I had met too many people who went home on avg once a month and then complained they felt homesick....

Wherever you go, the first things you tend to notice are the things that annoy you, it takes a while for that to pass and start to enjoy it for the good stuff..........

I have been moving around ever since, had some good moves and some not so good moves, but always take something positive from every one......
Does Dubai fall into the good or bad move category ?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Does Dubai fall into the good or bad move category ?
So far, so good!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Desi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really niceDesi Taffy is just really nice

Missing the daffodils about this time of year. Cardiff is usually covered in them about now.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desi Taffy
Missing the daffodils about this time of year. Cardiff is usually covered in them about now.
aww...i wanted to get some daffs for st david's day and couldn't find any here...

anyway, this is for you, DT, i'm sure you will recognise it...

MM, xx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:33 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Sod all is what i missed from the UK

RT x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.