Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So then you lovely bunch...

So then you lovely bunch...

Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:06 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So then you lovely bunch...

Originally Posted by MataHari
I was there as well last night....had the traditional cooked mussels, nothing wrong with them...but man was it hot in there...
really? what time?

Nah they had celery in, grit in there, and loads of them not cooked properly.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
really? what time?

Nah they had celery in, grit in there, and loads of them not cooked properly.
left by 8.30 cause little miss MH was there as well...
the celery is mentioned on the menu, it's part of the 'traditional' way of preparing them in Belgium and Holland...no grit in mine, 3 had not opened so that is not bad....portions are small though....
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:21 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

left by 8.30 cause little miss MH was there as well...
the celery is mentioned on the menu, it's part of the 'traditional' way of preparing them in Belgium and Holland...no grit in mine, 3 had not opened so that is not bad....portions are small though....
ah I was in the eclipse bar then, nah I wasn't impressed, it was too busy and I think they were rushing them.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:26 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
ah I was in the eclipse bar then, nah I wasn't impressed, it was too busy and I think they were rushing them.
yes I does get very busy, it's become really popular in a short space of time...still I like it, should be nice when the weather cools down and you can sit outside...
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:01 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

yes I does get very busy, it's become really popular in a short space of time...still I like it, should be nice when the weather cools down and you can sit outside...
We were in there on Thusday too. As was most of Dubai - it was rammed! The staff couldn't handle it - we waited hour and a half and then cancelled the food....

It's a good place - however if they don't sort out the service then it'll go down hill really fast...
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Autonomy
We were in there on Thusday too. As was most of Dubai - it was rammed! The staff couldn't handle it - we waited hour and a half and then cancelled the food....

It's a good place - however if they don't sort out the service then it'll go down hill really fast...
oh were you...must say we arrived at 7.30 (had not booked), got the food and were out at 8.30 cause we had our daughter with us...so no complaints about that, apart from the fact that it was quite hot inside...
We need a few more of these type places on our side of town...not the fancy champagne or cocktail places but just pubs that serve food...
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:11 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

oh were you...must say we arrived at 7.30 (had not booked), got the food and were out at 8.30 cause we had our daughter with us...so no complaints about that, apart from the fact that it was quite hot inside...
We need a few more of these type places on our side of town...not the fancy champagne or cocktail places but just pubs that serve food...
I got there at 7 - we were sat in the middle downstairs near the door. Loads of people kept on arriving - it was nuts, so many people randomly showing up... We didn't order until much later - about 9.30 or 10.... that was the big mistake.

We went to Nezaussi yesterday in the Al Manzil Hotel - it was pretty good, great steaks and grills, not too cheap - will go back there though...
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:22 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I got there at 7 - we were sat in the middle downstairs near the door. Loads of people kept on arriving - it was nuts, so many people randomly showing up... We didn't order until much later - about 9.30 or 10.... that was the big mistake.

We went to Nezaussi yesterday in the Al Manzil Hotel - it was pretty good, great steaks and grills, not too cheap - will go back there though...
we must have stood right next to you then, waiting for a table...lol

Where is the Al Manzil hotel?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:35 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Had a great night last night.
Good to meet so many of you ME Abudabians!
Top night Sam.......
Hey, thanks Twinkle ! Indeed, thanks everybody who came - it was a great night and nice to meet so many of you for the first time. And a 100% turnout - that has to be a record!

Due to popular demand, we're going to make it a regular thing.

Sam x
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:50 pm
why ayeeeee man!

aye you're not wrong, just simple pubs.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

where is this belgian place?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:58 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
where is this belgian place?
Crown Plaza Hotel in Festival City...
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

The AL Manzil is in the Old Town...opposite the Palace Hotel (where the Brazilian brunch is?? Although I think it might be Argentinian?). Nesesaussi (sic) is a good, not super cheap bar, but if you are into sport a good spot. Non-smoking too.

Also the courtyard in the Al Manzil hotel is nice to eat in, shisha and arabic, international and bar food.....very comfortable as they allow all the aircon to escape through it!
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:01 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
The AL Manzil is in the Old Town...opposite the Palace Hotel (where the Brazilian brunch is?? Although I think it might be Argentinian?). Nesesaussi (sic) is a good, not super cheap bar, but if you are into sport a good spot. Non-smoking too.

Also the courtyard in the Al Manzil hotel is nice to eat in, shisha and arabic, international and bar food.....very comfortable as they allow all the aircon to escape through it!
ah...not been there...sounds nice but not to be compared to the Belgium pub place....
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Wasn't comparing! Been meaning to go to the Crowne Plaza to the Belgian place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.