Single dad in the UAE?

Old Oct 11th 2018, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single dad in the UAE?

Originally Posted by Chriss72
I think your going off track here. I'm not rushing into anything here. My original post gave a very brief background and I asked the question, is even possible to be a single dad in the UAE. There is no deadline set on this and I'm not expecting anything major to happen in the next 12 - 18 months.
The answer to your question is yes. It is possible.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 3:05 pm
Banned

Pops Piedmont is an unknown quantity at this point

It does seem like an incredibly hairbrained idea??
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 9:25 am
Just Joined

PuggyBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chriss72
Hi everyone, first post so please be gentle.

​​​​​I'm an aircraft engineer and have toyed with moving to Dubai or Abu Dhabi for sometime and I think the time is now. Hopefully in the next few months I'll be divorced and single😁😁. The jobs that I have seen advertised over the last few years, mostly include school fees. Are the opportunities for kids education and opportunities second to none and is it even a possibility for me to be a single dad out there?
I'm sure my boys (7 years old) mother won't agree and it'll potentially be another expensive court case, but I want to ensure that he has the best opportunity's that I can give him. I would need to look into maids/childminders/baby sitters for some of the time and also, it's been asked a million times before what is a realistic living budget? There is loads more I need to ask and will do so in different posts.. If you have got this far, thanks for reading
Hi Chris,

I noticed this post today (Albeit few years after it was posted) I am a single parent father relocating to the Abu Dhabi with an 11 year old son and was wondering how things worked out if you did make the move to the UAE as a single parent father.

I need help to make sure my son gets up an out to school in the morning, cleans the house and makes sure he gets fed in the evening, and to bed on time in case I am on an occasional buisiness trip. As he is a little bit older a relaible male helper is possibly not out of the question.

Please let me know of your experience and what you foudn could be managed in this situation.

thanks

Robert Clyde