Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A sincere apology.............

A sincere apology.............

Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:36 pm
Banned

Modernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to allModernian is a name known to all
Default A sincere apology.............

Apologies To Everyone

Over the past few weeks I have posted pictures and jokes to BE friends who I thought shared the same sense of humour as me. Unfortunately this wasn't the case and I seem to have upset quite a few people who have accused me of being sexist and shallow. If you were one of these people, please accept my humblest apologies.

From now on I will only post comments with cultural or educational content such as old monuments and other interesting structures. So, attached is a picture of the Pont Neuf Bridge in Paris .

For those of you who are interested, Pont Neuf is the oldest bridge in Paris and took 26 years to build. Construction began in 1578 and ended in 1604. "Le Pont Neuf" is actually made of 2 independent bridges, one with seven arches and the other with five arches. Henri IVs statue is located on the right of the bridge. It was the first equestrian statue erected in Paris and also the first statue that was free-standing i.e. not attached to a building. Like other royal statues, it was melted down during the revolution. It was replaced with an identical copy in 1818.
Attached Thumbnails A sincere apology.............-bridge.jpg  
Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A sincere apology.............

deja vu...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:49 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A sincere apology.............

Originally Posted by Modernian
Apologies To Everyone

Over the past few weeks I have posted pictures and jokes to BE friends who I thought shared the same sense of humour as me. Unfortunately this wasn't the case and I seem to have upset quite a few people who have accused me of being sexist and shallow. If you were one of these people, please accept my humblest apologies.

From now on I will only post comments with cultural or educational content such as old monuments and other interesting structures. So, attached is a picture of the Pont Neuf Bridge in Paris .

For those of you who are interested, Pont Neuf is the oldest bridge in Paris and took 26 years to build. Construction began in 1578 and ended in 1604. "Le Pont Neuf" is actually made of 2 independent bridges, one with seven arches and the other with five arches. Henri IVs statue is located on the right of the bridge. It was the first equestrian statue erected in Paris and also the first statue that was free-standing i.e. not attached to a building. Like other royal statues, it was melted down during the revolution. It was replaced with an identical copy in 1818.
Nice bridge...