Neither, plenty of fish in the sea
20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Should Scamp get married and have kids?

Old Dec 4th 2013, 9:33 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Should Scamp get married and have kids?

Originally Posted by Meow
Paranoid?

I just think that sweeping comments to the effect that all women/men/foreigners/etc are xyz are ridiculous.
Time for a tune....

Old Dec 4th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You're not normally such a bigot.

This was one story about a friend of Original Sunshine's.
Ok ok ok, don't turn a rape into a murder, it was just a crass generalisation and not intended to be taken literally. To phrase this another way, there are certain women who despite wanting the perks of modern day sexual equality still prefer to fall back on the "it was all his fault" line whenever something doesn't quite work out.

Of course in saying that, we are all different etc etc blah blah blah.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I await the next rock.....
Old Dec 4th 2013, 10:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Ok ok ok, don't turn a rape into a murder, it was just a crass generalisation and not intended to be taken literally. To phrase this another way, there are certain women who despite wanting the perks of modern day sexual equality still prefer to fall back on the "it was all his fault" line whenever something doesn't quite work out.

Of course in saying that, we are all different etc etc blah blah blah.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I await the next rock.....
It was a crass generalisation so your new phrasing is much better. That said, it's too easy for both genders to blame the other, rather than examining their own behaviour.

I certainly see plenty of women who despite what they may say prefer to be looked after financially, yet demand rather a lot. I think it's unfair, but plenty of men go along with it too.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:26 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
She always wanted kids and was very clear. He didn't and was clear to us but not to her, mañana mañana... always some excuse as to why now was not the right time.
Gah - please explain to me how I can be clearer?!

SHE always said she wanted kids, before they were married. HE agreed sometime maybe when. WE knew he didn't want kids, but HE never outright told her.

You guys know the expat life, as friends we moved to the same locations almost 20 years together as couple groups. We heard him make placating noises to her, we saw the demands, must change job, must move back to UK, and when she did all that, he left her to go partying in South America.

Oh and before anyone makes further crass assumptions, SHE was the one with the serious expat job and expat money, and HE was non-working, layabout spouse that re-trained to be a massage therapist.

So, no, it is not a one-sided story. It's a story about people ****ing each others lives up by not being 100% honest at the beginning about whether they want children or not.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:28 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
But in this example she seems to have been clear to him about wanting kids from the outset but he wasn't clear to her about not wanting them. He seems to have strung her along over the years before it finally all became clear of his perspective?
Yes
Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:29 pm
womble

Originally Posted by Kix
Again, we only have her side of things, maybe he made it totally clear to her that he didn't want kids and she just assumed he'd change his mind given time.

We just don't know.
Actually we do, because we were friends with both of them. My Mr listened to him complaining, I listened to her complaining. We compared stories. We never took sides, and never interfered. Our expat world/work/industry was too small to get involved. We were there for beer/wine & whine.