Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A shameless plug for my book on Dubai

A shameless plug for my book on Dubai

Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:54 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A shameless plug for my book on Dubai

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Are you going to do an unedited, bulked out version? Reading between the lines, as it were, there seemed to be, well, strategic omissions...

Enjoyed it though. Congratulations, perhaps "Bloody Emirates" should give a version to all newbies!

O.J.
Thanks, OJ. I tried to keep it almost as a diary, like the blog was. I have thought about fleshing it out to more of a novel style thing with some really interesting tales, but it could land me in trouble with some people.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

That's fair enough. Sometimes, things are just not meant to be written down.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 9:13 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks. If anyone has finished it (and liked it), I would be really grateful if you could just do a little review on the amazon page for it. Thanks.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:49 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Hey LJ,

Im currently doing something similar on all my travels and exploits.

Which application did you use to publish??
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Hi folks. If anyone has finished it (and liked it), I would be really grateful if you could just do a little review on the amazon page for it. Thanks.
I'll report back on the number of my contacts who have bought it....... good news, you'll find.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 7:39 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Hey LJ,

Im currently doing something similar on all my travels and exploits.

Which application did you use to publish??
I can't remember the name of it right now, but if you google for "Kindle self-publishing" you should find the amazon self-publishing page which not only gives you links to the software you need but also step-by-step instructions.

Good luck with it!

By the way, that time I met you and Auto in Apres and had a few of their lovely raspberry mojitos gets a mention in the book.

Last edited by littlejimmy; Jul 15th 2011 at 8:01 am.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

I also purchased a copy last night. Well done mate, I always admired the honesty in your blog and I hope you smash this one and get some wider recognition....
Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:02 pm
Excess Baggage

Thanks for the reviews. You know who you are.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Hi, downloaded your book, a good read. I also downloaded escape from Dubai, whilst it was ok to start, it became a book of a very bitter man, thanks for your contribution

Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Thanks for the reviews. You know who you are.
How long does it take to read? I use my kindle for a maximum of 6 minutes a day while crapping on the toilet. How many days will my 98p last?
Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

it took me about 4 hrs to read over a week
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
How long does it take to read? I use my kindle for a maximum of 6 minutes a day while crapping on the toilet. How many days will my 98p last?
Take a couple of Imodiums and you can read it in one sitting......
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:54 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by The Dean
Take a couple of Imodiums and you can read it in one sitting......
And you won't have to wipe your arse on it...

Another benefit of keeping it electronic only.

It is quite a short book, admittedly. It's just shy of 70,000 words, and an average length novel is between 80 and 100k.

Last edited by littlejimmy; Jul 15th 2011 at 6:57 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
it took me about 4 hrs to read over a week
40 poos - so just over 2p a poo - not bad value. Once I've finished the erotica short stories I'll give it a go.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:27 pm
Excess Baggage

Well, I've broken 250 sales in 54 days. Not bad.

I am going through it with a fine-toothed comb after seeing a few errors and hearing of them from people, and will be adding a couple of bits I left out from the blog. So watch out for the second edition, with a new, snazzier cover as well!

Tomorrow I'm in hospital for a septoplasty (non-cosmetic inside-the-nose job). Then I'm off work for a week or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.