Wikiposts

Shame on Souq.com :-(

Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Shame on Souq.com :-(

Originally Posted by Meow
But you don't know if people are involved on other charity issues, either in the UAE or elsewhere. Many people are...

I will if enough other people put their hands in their pockets but there is very little time to get organised and get the money together.
Very true, fair point. I'm sure some do, some don't.

There are a couple on there for 4,500 dirhams

20 people = 180dhs each / 30 quid.

I'd be happy to put that in, perhaps we could do it via justgiving or similar?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:13 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

There are 3 under 6k. I would help out, though I can see Commanders point of view. Why don't the companies that house the poor souls there and no doubt make a fortune on the back of their hard labour do anything?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'd be happy to contribute, also.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:15 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Justgiving doesn't work for organisations here. Volunteer in Dubai (ViD) can take cash but cannot ask for it, as that is seen as begging. Sounds daft but friends of mine who run a charitable organisation in the UAE have been arrested for similar things and I have received telephone threats in the past too.

You can just make a donation of ViD if you want. Contact them via the FB page.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by britexpat76
There are 3 under 6k. I would help out, though I can see Commanders point of view. Why don't the companies that house the poor souls there and no doubt make a fortune on the back of their hard labour do anything?
Lobbying these firms with 4 days to go is probably the issue this time round. Otherwise you're spot on.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:18 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Because they simply don't care enough. And many are not run by GCC nationals either.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Update from the ViD FB page:

"dealgobbler.com are our HEROES!! stepping in at the last minute to offer us a chance to still get the meals we promised the camps whilst organising the Ramadan Campaign for the company that bailed. Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!"

Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:20 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Update from the ViD FB page:

"dealgobbler.com are our HEROES!! stepping in at the last minute to offer us a chance to still get the meals we promised the camps whilst organising the Ramadan Campaign for the company that bailed. Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!"

Excellent!

Doesn't mean folk can't make any charitable donation if they'd like to.

Or just be extra nice to those who deserve it.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:24 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean they have sponsored every remaining camp?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Living Social were doing an offer last night for Worker's Iftar. For every one you buy, they will match you by donating one themselves.

Don't have the link, but I'm sure one or two of you get the daily emails....
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:28 pm
Bored liberal

Here's the link for Deal Gobbler who have stepped in to help Volunteer in Dubai

http://www.dealgobbler.com/volunteer-in-dubai.html

If everyone who sees this buys just one voucher it would make a difference.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:52 pm
Shark Fisherman

Ah, So they have not paid the money but will promote and sell the vouchers?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:53 pm
Bored liberal

Ah, So they have not paid the money but will promote and sell the vouchers?
I think it's more a case of they will meet half the price. Better than nothing and they have stepped in at the last minute.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I'm up for a BE one. Scamp, if you organise it, i'll give 1000dhs.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

If there's no BE response I'll just buy the dealgobbler voucher?

Last edited by al dente; Jul 15th 2012 at 11:58 pm. Reason: I hadn't read the whole thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.