Seychelles

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seychelles

I would heartily recommend the Maldives, been the last two years and would return at the drop of a hat. Prices definitely are on the rise and to get the weeks and island you want in high season you have to book well in advance. Once you’ve picked a few islands you’re interested in try and book directly with them or use one of the standard booking sites. The booking sites don’t always offer all inclusive packages (which are a must IMHO) but you can contact the island to upgrade. Also when working out the full price there are a sh!t load of taxes that get added on, and also the cost of transfers from Male to your island. Speedboat is cheaper but takes longer and isn’t available to further away islands. Sea plane can be $200+ each.

4 days is doable, but a week would be better…stating the obvious I know. After a couple of days you (well we did anyway) get into a nice chilled routine revolving around eating, drinking cocktails, lying about the beach/pool and snorkelling, if I had to leave after day 4 I’d have been gutted.

The FlyDubai flights are cheap but when I looked at the schedules (few months back so may have changed) they would leave you wasting a lot of time at Male airport (which isn’t great) waiting for and after sea plane or speedboat connections.

Check out this website for reviews of lots of the islands, all of which is pretty accurate from my experience and speaking to others - http://www.sevenholidays.com/
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

neither has been on the holibobs radar but that may change

can you take yer kids to either?

*waits to be shouted down by couples looking for a relaxing break*
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:17 pm
Bothered

kungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saudiflares
neither has been on the holibobs radar but that may change

can you take yer kids to either?

*waits to be shouted down by couples looking for a relaxing break*
Yeah definitely.

Our island was split in two with the South half reserved for adults only.

Worked well and kept everyone happy.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

Are there any Maldive islands lively than others?
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

that budget airline Air Dubai or whatever it is called is now doing flights to Male, brings the cost down dramatically.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kungpowdow
A Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 on full auto settings and a Fujifilm Finepix XP150 for underwater (that shot of the big black tip).

Pretty pleased with the results really.

Thoughts?
Your pics are sharp and the colour & lighting looks natural. I take it you didn't do any post processing ?