Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Selling a car to someone with finance

Selling a car to someone with finance

Old Sep 14th 2014, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Selling a car to someone with finance

Originally Posted by britexpat76
That wasn't me, if you remember we made love not war. Though the 911 is the only Porsche to have.
I (sort of) remember. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing my mate get wound up though. It was piss funny.

Originally Posted by mikewot
If you're a hairdresser.
Money says you drive a Camry.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Money says you drive a Camry.
I don't even know what that is, you lose.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I don't even know what that is, you lose.
I bet you know what the back seat of one looks like.

In fact, I'd bet my salary for the year that you do.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you know what the back seat of one looks like.
In fact, I'd bet my salary for the year that you do.
LOL!! Sir I have a Golf Gti, none of your foreign muck.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

I'm right though aren't I.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, the Golf GTI - the dull man's R32.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 3:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Which has not been in production since 2009.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 4:40 am
Account Closed

It's no longer a car I'd expect my mates to have. It seems to be the new mid-life crisis wet dream. Any golf GTI/R32 etc seems to attract 35-45yr old men. One of the oldest guys in the office here has one, he drives it like a ****ing idiot as well.

I'm sure Mikewot is more sensible though...
Old Sep 15th 2014, 4:55 am
Account Closed

I'm sure Mikewot is more sensible though...
I am a LOT older than 45. One of my workmates is 40 shortly and for his MLC he is getting a new GTi (not the R)
Old Sep 15th 2014, 4:59 am
Account Closed

I am a LOT older than 45. One of my workmates is 40 shortly and for his MLC he is getting a new GTi (not the R)
See! Not that there's anything wrong with it, I'm just saying.

My mid-life crisis is unlikely to happen. I think I'll burn out by 35.

ETA: That means I'm in it now. I had better go and buy a new car.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat141; Sep 15th 2014 at 5:00 am. Reason: ...
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:06 am
Account Closed

See! Not that there's anything wrong with it, I'm just saying.
It's the 'safe' sports car When I came here I was going to get a proper sports car Merc SLK/CLK 350 something like that. But the state of the roads (speedbumps) dissuaded me and the GTi was a compromise. When I retire and go back to UK (April 2016) I'll get a mkIII SLK 280 probably.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:09 am
Account Closed

It's the 'safe' sports car When I came here I was going to get a proper sports car Merc SLK/CLK 350 something like that. But the state of the roads (speedbumps) dissuaded me and the GTi was a compromise. When I retire and go back to UK (April 2016) I'll get a mkIII SLK 280 probably.
Good point. If I had a low sports car I wouldn't even contemplate going near the car park in my building or office. In fact, I wouldn't go near JLT. I'd have to retire.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Which has not been in production since 2009.
They still make the R - the GTI is still the moderately fun option. It's like asking for a mild jalfrezi.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:58 am
Account Closed

They still make the R - the GTI is still the moderately fun option. It's like asking for a mild jalfrezi.
Or like asking for an ugly maid?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:59 am
Account Closed

They still make the R
I'm going to be pedantic but the R is not the RS32 which ceased manufacture at Mk5, I have a Mk6 and RS32 was not available

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.