Sean Emmett

Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sean Emmett

So he turns out to be a friend of a friend. She sent me this:

Sean interviewed, non suspicious circumstances, police said verdict suicide, which he would not accept as it was a tradgic fall. He went to release body a few days later from police, had alcohol on breath from night before, so arrested hum for being drunk, passport taken. Fine paid, passport not given back. Tried many routes consulate, embassy etc, no help. Abbie's body was finally released in May, repatriated to UK. As still no joy on passport Sean signed her over to her parents and the funeral happened a couple of weeks ago on 11th Sept.
Sean still not granted passport and has had to re-appeal to the chief prosecutor. He has no charge against him, no investigation remaining, so it's totally bizarre.

They are trying to get it all in the meeja but I'm not convinced that's the best route. What do you all think?
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:47 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sean Emmett

Somebody high up doesn't believe him but can't prove it I would guess.

The fact he went to the police while still drunk (alcohol in his system) from the night before is crass stupidity.

Should the familuy go to the media? Will they care? When Lee Brown was killed whilst in Police Custody a few years back the family tried everything but didn't get anywhere.

I'd suggest the best thing to do is speak with the chief prosecutor and do it "politically" as opposed to confrontationally.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

But the Lee Brown case just sort of tailed off, I wondered if a deal was struck. It does seem to be a whiff of presumed guilt over Emmett, no idea whether it is justified but it's odd that they can just keep a passport with no justification and the BE aren't doing anything about it.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 10:37 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

I agree with you and would suggest the British government aren't pushing it, there is a Typhoon deal in the offing.

I know Lee's sister, she says categorically that there wasn't. And as she still lives in the same place and drives the same car I'd have to believe her.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 10:37 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

I agree with you and would suggest the British government aren't pushing it, there is a Typhoon deal in the offing.

I know Lee's sister, she says categorically that there wasn't. And as she still lives in the same place and drives the same car I'd have to believe her.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:42 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

7 days has jumped on the story now

7Days

Despite an open Twitter request for publicity, Emmett has declined to talk to 7DAYS. Dubai Police have been unavailable for comment.

I wonder why he's not talking?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe he's decided that the press route may harm him?

God knows, I've never met him and wish there was cctv to show what happened. A sad case all round: if guilty, he's being a bastard and if innocent, doubt will follow him for the rest of his days.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

He is talking.

There was an article about his plight in the Daily Fail yesterday.

Poor guy. Used to watch him race when I was a nipper.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

he should take some advice from Bex.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 1:54 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
he should take some advice from Bex.
And shag a welder in a taxi, cant see how that will help.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 2:44 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

So he's not paid his 2000Dhs fine for being drunk and is the prime suspect in a murder case.

“He was not given his passport back because he was bailed with the guarantee of his passport remaining with the prosecution,” said a prosecution source. The source also said Mr Emmett had not yet paid the Dh2,000 fine, which was imposed in his absence.
National

Doesn't help himself much does he?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Sooner or later, someone, somewhere, either out here or at home, is going to start a 'Boycott Dubai' campaign....... the Sun, Mail and Express will run with it, and it might actually have an impact.......... but while we all blindly worship at the Dubai altar, the authorities here will always assume they can get away with behaving precisely how they bloody well like............
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kix
So he's not paid his 2000Dhs fine for being drunk and is the prime suspect in a murder case.

National

Doesn't help himself much does he?
I don't know whether he knew about either until his latest UK media campaign.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 6:02 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by al dente
I don't know whether he knew about either until his latest UK media campaign.
Oh come on Al Dente, of course he knew about the drunk case, whether he did or not know about the murder rap is a separate issue.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kix
Oh come on Al Dente, of course he knew about the drunk case, whether he did or not know about the murder rap is a separate issue.
Whoa! I have no idea of guilt or not but he says that he paid the fine ages ago. In fact 50% more than they quoted. His friends feel like it's a 7 days vendetta and not to believe everything in the papers and that The National picked it up. That is naive too. However, on the fine they are adamant that it is paid and had been for a long while.

There is a lot of righteous anger from the UK about the legal system here, which we all can have sympathy with as we often feel the same way. Whatever the situation, he should be either accused or given his passport back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.