School Girl Sent Home

Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:12 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Girl Sent Home

Although I feel sorry for the poor girl, surely these private schools are not charitable institutions and must have their fees promptly paid. If she cannot afford to pay, the girl should be educated at home. She is only 4 years old.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Education/10298069.html
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Girl Sent Home

Always 2 sides to every story of course, but at the end of the day it has to be paid for..

although weren't gems on the radio recently, defending their care and deliberation with parents that had lost jobs?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Although I feel sorry for the poor girl, surely these private schools are not charitable institutions and must have their fees promptly paid. If she cannot afford to pay, the girl should be educated at home. She is only 4 years old.

for the sake of AED 2,200 eh? What a bunch of twats.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Most private schools in the UK have a bursary system that would be offered for at least one term to help.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:09 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

quote "There was clear correspondence that include SMS"

Has a mobile phone text message now become 'clear correspondence' and an acceptable and official way of communicating with parents?

I know what I'd have to say if my kids' teachers started sending me text messages.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
for the sake of AED 2,200 eh? What a bunch of twats.
was a good idea of the Mother to tell Gulf News though, someone will pay it for her now.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Winchester school sounds like an expensive british curriculum school. Is it?

Might be time for the whole family to go home if "Her husbands salary barely pays for the rent"...

Chalk another loss up to the wonderful city of dreams known as Dubai.

Oh and someone said they are starting to target the indian middle class? The indian middle class cant afford the cost of living in a city comparable for most first world countries.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Winchester school sounds like an expensive british curriculum school. Is it?

Might be time for the whole family to go home if "Her husbands salary barely pays for the rent"...

Chalk another loss up to the wonderful city of dreams known as Dubai.

Oh and someone said they are starting to target the indian middle class? The indian middle class cant afford the cost of living in a city comparable for most first world countries.
Always get mixed up with Wellington and Winchester, but the one on Shk Zayed Rd (Wellington)on your right when AD bound was 56K a year for 6th form last year, I believe I read!

Last edited by Jim Smith; Mar 25th 2009 at 11:45 am.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:58 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that private schools are not charities...but wonder why they didn't just tell the mother not to send her daughter to school that day instead of removing the girl from class?

According to the article they have another child who is older as well whose fees they had paid by credit card and that they husband's salary alone is barely enough to pay the rent....makes me wonder why they would have more than one kid when they are so poor in a place like this which doesn't help anyone without money.

N.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:12 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I agree that private schools are not charities...but wonder why they didn't just tell the mother not to send her daughter to school that day instead of removing the girl from class?

According to the article they have another child who is older as well whose fees they had paid by credit card and that they husband's salary alone is barely enough to pay the rent....makes me wonder why they would have more than one kid when they are so poor in a place like this which doesn't help anyone without money.

N.

errr...mabye 4 years and 9 months ago, they weren't to know that the economy was going bust...the mum lost her job and maybe through no fault of her own either...
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:16 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
errr...mabye 4 years and 9 months ago, they weren't to know that the economy was going bust...the mum lost her job and maybe through no fault of her own either...
Aye, but its hardly the schools fault either.. They are here to make money....
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:19 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
was a good idea of the Mother to tell Gulf News though, someone will pay it for her now.
what a snitch....!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:20 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Aye, but its hardly the schools fault either.. They are here to make money....
I am not disputing that...I was replying to Norms remark about them not being able to afford 2 kids...
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:48 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Believe that has happened.. Sure I heard something on Radio 2 this morning alluding to just that....
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:50 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by MataHari
I am not disputing that...I was replying to Norms remark about them not being able to afford 2 kids...
Thing is, if money was that tight, why put yourself in hock and put your kids to a private school?? There must be some Indian curriculum public schools here, what with the demographics of Dubai...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.