Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Saved in the nick of time...

Saved in the nick of time...

Old Jan 13th 2020, 8:10 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saved in the nick of time...

Having now heard the entire story of the guy, 'Chris', who was on Dubai Eye talking about depression and topping himself, I once again find myself asking myself a question...

When will people finally admit defeat and f**k off back to Blighty,,

I was aware of this attempted suicide right from the off, as I am a member of the BDD group on FB. It all started with the tantalising member post, 'Thanks Dads...Bye Dads'.. A few hours of hand-wringing, people messaging other people etc, then, Good News, Dubais finest found him in the nick of time...

Cue much BDD backslapping, arent we great and we must get him out for drinks once he's better....

I am left wondering is it only me that feels that those who are now offering him a few pints, a floor to sleep on for a few weeks etc are dangerously enabling a guy who should be tucked up safely onto the next direct flight back to Blighty...!!!

Depression and unemployment are 2 things I would wish on no-one, but to be suffering from both, and STILL holding out for the Dubai dream to re-manifest itself, has now gone past idiocy for this chap, it's clearly going to kill him....

Thoughts?

Last edited by TGFKASE; Jan 13th 2020 at 8:24 am.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 8:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Saved in the nick of time...

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Having now heard the entire story of the guy, 'Chris', who was on Dubai Eye talking about depression and topping himself, I once again find myself asking myself a question...

When will people finally admit defeat and f**k off back to Blighty,,

I was aware of this attempted suicide right from the off, as I am a member of the BDD group on FB. It all started with the tantalising member post, 'Thanks Dads...Bye Dads'.. A few hours of hand-wringing, people messaging other people etc, then, Good News, Dubais finest found him in the nick of time...

Cue much BDD backslapping, arent we great and we must get him out for drinks once he's better....

I am left wondering is it only me that feels that those who are now offering him a few pints, a floor to sleep on for a few weeks etc are dangerously enabling a guy who should be tucked up safely onto the next direct flight back to Blighty...!!!

Depression and unemployment are 2 things I would wish on no-one, but to be suffering from both, and STILL holding out for the Dubai dream to re-manifest itself, has now gone past idiocy for this chap, it's clearly going to kill him....

Thoughts?
It sounds like the group has done something great in pulling someone back from the brink but are wholly unqualified to provide any support or guidance from that point onwards.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 10:28 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I know, knew, a relative who committed suicide because of financial problems and to be honest no one saw it coming. Not his wife, not his father and not his brothers.
Mental disease is very very very much real and as Scamp pointed out, a few pints and a few nights out with un-qualified people wont make it better but would rather actually increase those thoughts when the person is alone again. Suicidal thoughts are like inception, once they are in then its very difficult to take them out and a qualified professional is needed.
He needs be sent back asap but not into a void but to people who can actually live with him and give him the proper care he deserves and needs.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with the above , a lot of people are just risking everything for what ? I look at some people around me and also who work directly for me and see a totally unsustainable life which will end one way and that is right up shit creek. Not much empathy left in the tank after nearly 20 years.

Iv struggled to really get my head around why for many years . Saying that there's a reason why smack heads like bedsits in coastal towns in the UK . Same probably applies here. One of the most important parts of working overseas is to know when to pull the ripcord.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:27 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Totally agree with the above , a lot of people are just risking everything for what ? I look at some people around me and also who work directly for me and see a totally unsustainable life which will end one way and that is right up shit creek. Not much empathy left in the tank after nearly 20 years.

Iv struggled to really get my head around why for many years . Saying that there's a reason why smack heads like bedsits in coastal towns in the UK . Same probably applies here. One of the most important parts of working overseas is to know when to pull the ripcord.
They're often moved there by another local authority because its cheaper.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Charl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond repute

I have recently met a guy here in Kuwait, unhappy as anything. True what was said, one should be able to know when to make of the eject seat.....

It might sound horrible but I am fighting my own demons daily I honestly do not have time to help with someone else's.

If you can't take it get out no sense in being unhappy in a location, no amount of money is worth mental suffering.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

If you're younger, it's adventure, it's showing off on instagram, it's earning cash and banging trash.
If you're supporting a family and struggling, you're a lunatic.

Originally Posted by Charl01
If you can't take it get out no sense in being unhappy in a location, no amount of money is worth mental suffering.
Preach.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
it's earning cash and banging trash.
​​​​​​​​� �​​​​​​​​​​​​� ��​​​​​​

​​​​​​​Epic. Stealing that.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I am a member of the BDD group on FB. It all started with the tantalising member post, 'Thanks Dads...Bye Dads'.. A few hours of hand-wringing, people messaging other people etc, then, Good News, Dubais finest found him in the nick of time...

Totally agree with you on this. Although, I think you've broken the first rule of fight club
Old Jan 16th 2020, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
They're often moved there by another local authority because its cheaper.
Try renting a flat in Worthing or Hastings fella
Old Jan 16th 2020, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

If you're younger, it's adventure, it's showing off on instagram, it's earning cash and banging trash.
If you're supporting a family and struggling, you're a lunatic.

Preach.
Exactly , just until Wayne Lineker opens his gaff this year , you'll see some scrubbers in town then lad
Old Jan 16th 2020, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly , just until Wayne Lineker opens his gaff this year , you'll see some scrubbers in town then lad
And we sink to new lows.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 11:04 am
Account Closed

You're joking, right?
Old Jan 16th 2020, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

You're joking, right?
Nope , Ocean Beach Dubai opens this year along with the incoming hoards of full sleeve tatted protein shake farting whoppers .
Old Jan 16th 2020, 11:31 am
Account Closed

Nope , Ocean Beach Dubai opens this year along with the incoming hoards of full sleeve tatted protein shake farting whoppers .
Eurgh.
At least we'll know where not to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.