Forced unpaid leave
0%
I’ve already been given the can
4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Salary & Job changes

Old Apr 4th 2020, 6:30 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary & Job changes

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I've just booked a flight on May 22nd. Chap on the phone said... I've booked it but there may be some changes.

If I do get covid and don't die from it then I've done a social good. Herd immunity is at 60%; we can't all be in the 40% so I've saved one of you lot.
Except that if you do get it, you're almost certain to transmit it to at least two others before you even realise you have it, thus perpetuating the epidemic. You do realise that "herd immunity" is bullshit? It's a journalistic term with no medical or epidemiological basis at all. Social distancing is the only way to flatten the curve and buy enough time until treatment capacity and methodology can improve and ultimately until there is a virus.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 5:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Still in UAE, Vietnam stopped all entry to UK pp holders a couple of weeks back, I was due to start on the 1st April, put of indefinetly.

Quite annoying really.

However, EK is correct, look on their site.
Bugger, shit timing. Hopefully it'll come back online soon enough.
Yeah, weird one this. I haven't looked but assume there'll be inbound flights as well?
Old Apr 5th 2020, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Bugger, shit timing. Hopefully it'll come back online soon enough.
Yeah, weird one this. I haven't looked but assume there'll be inbound flights as well?
Maybe it just wasn't to be. We have to be philosophical in all this really, Que sera sera and all that.

If you don't have some sort of control over things (whatever they may be in life), then no point in sweating over it, or, as I believe, no amount of worrying today made any change on tomorrow.

Onwards and upwards, hope you and yours (and everyone on here) stay safe and we all come through.

Brave new world ahead as one Aldous Huxley wrote in the 1930s (If i recall).