Room mate wanted

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:06 am
Just Joined

jonk87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Room mate wanted

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so hi!

I've been offered a job in marketing in Dubai and am moving out May 1.

I'm looking for somewhere to stay pretty much straight away as I don't want to pay hotel/hostel prices.

If anyone knows of someone with a room or if someone wants to pair up to get an apartment cheaper let me know.

My budget is 3 - 5000 Dirhams.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I'll be working hard during the week but would like to watch sports have a few drinks on the weekend - nothing crazy.

I'm 25 UK Male (Geordie)
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room mate wanted

Where exactly in Dubai will you be working, pet?
Spugsy may be your man.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response. Who is Sprugsy? I'm working in Internet city so Al Barsha is my nearest area but I'm willing to commute 30 mins or so on the overground line if its for the right place.

Can you help?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Where exactly in Dubai will you be working, pet?
Spugsy may be your man.

aye, Spugsy will dump his Mrs and move in with a young lad off the internet just because they hail from the same part of the world

Dubizzle is a better bet for this sort of thing mate, we're all old farts in here

oh and you're not running away from a charge of punching a horse are you ?

FTM
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jonk87
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so hi!

I've been offered a job in marketing in Dubai and am moving out May 1.

I'm looking for somewhere to stay pretty much straight away as I don't want to pay hotel/hostel prices.

If anyone knows of someone with a room or if someone wants to pair up to get an apartment cheaper let me know.

My budget is 3 - 5000 Dirhams.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I'll be working hard during the week but would like to watch sports have a few drinks on the weekend - nothing crazy.

I'm 25 UK Male (Geordie)
I was thinking the same thing when I moved here first. Found loads of decent places on Dubizzle for 5/6,000 but then realised I could have my own place for 7/8,000 with bills paid.

Have you got a decent offer / package....3,000 for rent isn't a lot if that's what the lower end of your budget is?

Wait, do you support Newcastle and do you like Pardew?

I need answers to those before I decide if you deserve more help.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

haha no I'm not running away from punching a horse. Fan of Pardew and NUFC I was out for the Sunderland game, real disappointing but West Brom game was ok.

My package is 8,000 a month going up to 10,000 after three months so to begin with things are going to be tight but I only have a few years experience in marketing so I'm lucky to have got a skype interview and a job I feel.

Desperately in need of a flat share or something though. My ex is out there and may put me up for a few weeks but can't see my employer putting me up.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

haha no I'm not running away from punching a horse. Fan of Pardew and NUFC I was out for the Sunderland game, real disappointing but West Brom game was ok.

My package is 8,000 a month going up to 10,000 after three months so to begin with things are going to be tight but I only have a few years experience in marketing so I'm lucky to have got a skype interview and a job I feel.

Desperately in need of a flat share or something though. My ex is out there and may put me up for a few weeks but can't see my employer putting me up.
Right, well before I 'help' you....you need to understand that Pardew is a wanker.

8,000 a month? No accommodation to use when you first move here?

Who are you coming to work for? Is it a decent company?

Set up costs can be a lot, in terms of shelling out for XYZ, yes a flat share might save you some but if you spend 5,000 a month on one and have 3,000 remaining;

200 - phone
1000 - cabs
300/ week food (1200) - this could be a lot more, depending how smart you are with it.
500/ month lunches - increase the figure above if taking your own grub.
-------

That leaves you 1,000 for anything else - like trying to nail birds or going out on the piss...there's probably more that I've forgotten as well.

Trust me, even on 10k without accomm you're going to be tight.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. You'll lose some weight on your new diet.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scamp
Right, well before I 'help' you....you need to understand that Pardew is a wanker.

8,000 a month? No accommodation to use when you first move here?

Who are you coming to work for? Is it a decent company?

Set up costs can be a lot, in terms of shelling out for XYZ, yes a flat share might save you some but if you spend 5,000 a month on one and have 3,000 remaining;

200 - phone
1000 - cabs
300/ week food (1200) - this could be a lot more, depending how smart you are with it.
500/ month lunches - increase the figure above if taking your own grub.
-------

That leaves you 1,000 for anything else - like trying to nail birds or going out on the piss...there's probably more that I've forgotten as well.

Trust me, even on 10k without accomm you're going to be tight.
Thanks for the summary. I have a few k to get me started so but yeah the first few months will be particularly tight.

It's either that though or take a job in Newcastle for 18k. Marketing is shitty pay in the beginning. The firm is certainly reputable and with top managers being English.

Just going to spend a lot of time in the gym and drinking in Irish bars and once every two weeks I'll go out on a budget and hope I bang a fit bird.

Canny excited, love foreign lasses.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Schwarma and Maggie noodles for you!

Schwarma are 3 AED a pop. 3 a night (AED x 30 = 270 AED.

Noodles are..... dunno 20 AED for a pack of 5, so considering lunch and dinner thats 40 AED a week, so 160 AED.

So that comes to a grand total of 430 AED for the month.... and you save any requirements to join a gym!

You may spend quite a bit on toilet paper tho, although you could steal that from work I suppose.

Seriously tho, that is going to be mega tight and not much fun!
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:22 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Stay pally with the Ex, may be the only sniff you get.....

Seriously 8k is going to be really tough, only really do-able if someone puts you up..........
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been? A pint of beer is about 30 AED - yes, 5 quid.

The tart fuel is even more expensive, probably 45AED a cocktail. If getting laid is your aim, you might wish to look into the economics of spiking the first drink.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Just going to spend a lot of time in the gym and drinking in Irish bars and once every two weeks I'll go out on a budget and hope I bang a fit bird.

Canny excited, love foreign lasses.
Ha ha, foreign lasses indeed.

You do know its 35 - 40 AED a pint tho.... even in Irish Bars.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:27 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Ha ha, foreign lasses indeed.

You do know its 35 - 40 AED a pint tho.... even in Irish Bars.
I fear it may be indonesian maids and cooks only. Even the flippers will turn their nose up at someone that can't buy them a bullfrog before getting jiggy.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I fear it may be indonesian maids and cooks only. Even the flippers will turn their nose up at someone that can't buy them a bullfrog before getting jiggy.
Ha ha ha

For the flippers all you need is a badly souped up lancer with stick on bling!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.