Room mate wanted

Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room mate wanted

Originally Posted by Sandboy
what a star... but has he read the Timmy thread ?
Originally Posted by Brains1983
Good on you BC!
It will be nice to see how it all pans out. He is booking his flights for next week, I am sure it will be fine just as long as he can tolerate an 8 year old who will no doubt worship him as he is older etc. We shall see
Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:53 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I have a number of staff, including Brits, and know a huge number of people who live very well on less than 10k per month. It's all about expectations and what you want from life. They work hard and party hard but don't do brunch unless it's C&L type where it's 5 pints and food for 150aed. Not everyone earns top money here.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
It will be nice to see how it all pans out. He is booking his flights for next week, I am sure it will be fine just as long as he can tolerate an 8 year old who will no doubt worship him as he is older etc. We shall see
I certainly would never consider inviting a complete stranger, who admits to being a binge drinker and on the pull, into the sanctity of my home, especially as I'm out at work all day and with a 9yo daughter at home. Looking after visiting friends and extended family members is one thing. I hope you know what you are doing, pet. There is generosity and then there is madness. Good luck.

Last edited by mentalist; Apr 25th 2013 at 10:26 am.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mentalist
I certainly would never consider inviting a complete stranger, who admits to being a binge drinker and on the pull, into the sanctity of my home, especially as I'm out at work all day and with a 9yo daughter at home. Looking after visiting friends and extended family members is one thing. I hope you know what you are doing, pet. There is generosity and then there is madness. Good luck.
**** me. We agree Mentalhead!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it will be fine as long as he's not a serial killer type disturbed person on the run .....

Got a love you Geordies though , a thorough source of amusement !
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Cynical lot!

BC that's awesome and just the sort of thing i do and get loads of shit for from my friends. :-)
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

He is 25 years old, I have two younger brothers one of which reminds me very much of this chap. There will be house rules, and he has come over to make a new start in life. Scamp I would have done the same for you had you needed it but you sorted yourself out quickly. It is not a long term arrangement and it will be he who is out at work all day and ME at home with the 9 year old so you have nothing to worry about. The lad just needs a bit of a push, and if I hadn't had family to stay with 17 years ago when I visited, I wouldn't have been here now.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:56 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Theseus
Cynical lot!

BC that's awesome and just the sort of thing i do and get loads of shit for from my friends. :-)
I don't care what they think anyway, we have obviously had a few chats off the board, I think I can handle a 25 year old, I will scare the life out of him when it comes to the Police here.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

The lad just needs a bit of a push, and if I hadn't had family to stay with 17 years ago when I visited, I wouldn't have been here now.
Yes, but families and complete strangers are totally different kettles of fish. Anyway, I hope everything works out for the best.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

He is 25 years old, I have two younger brothers one of which reminds me very much of this chap. There will be house rules, and he has come over to make a new start in life. Scamp I would have done the same for you had you needed it but you sorted yourself out quickly. It is not a long term arrangement and it will be he who is out at work all day and ME at home with the 9 year old so you have nothing to worry about. The lad just needs a bit of a push, and if I hadn't had family to stay with 17 years ago when I visited, I wouldn't have been here now.
I'm not criticising, I hope it goes well and you're a very generous person for doing so.

I still have the message in my BE inbox from you the day before / day I flew giving me your number for any help / issues. It was very much appreciated.

Haven't ever met to buy you a drink to say thanks either - you've always avoided the meet-ups!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Yes, but families and complete strangers are totally different kettles of fish. Anyway, I hope everything works out for the best.
Many years ago my husband was involved in a golfing event who were looking for people to put up marshalls and caddies etc whilst they were in Dubai, we gave one volunteer a bed for a week, 4 years later he became Godfather to my daughter. Three years ago I met a milliner in a chance meeting in BurJuman, he stayed with us for three weeks earlier this year. Chance meetings can work.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm not criticising, I hope it goes well and you're a very generous person for doing so.

I still have the message in my BE inbox from you the day before / day I flew giving me your number for any help / issues. It was very much appreciated.

Haven't ever met to buy you a drink to say thanks either - you've always avoided the meet-ups!
I don't avoid them, I just have other things to do
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:28 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I don't care what they think anyway, we have obviously had a few chats off the board, I think I can handle a 25 year old, I will scare the life out of him when it comes to the Police here.
Fair play to you petal - tell him we'll see him for the Footy at the Chelsea Ramada once he's here.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:41 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught up with this thread. Good on you BC and I know you won't take any nonsense, but will be fair. I hope the lad realises just how lucky he is. Let me know if you want Mr Meow to pop in and set down any rules

Reminds me from a line from A Streetcar names Desire, written by Tennessee Williams, "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers".
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Many years ago my husband was involved in a golfing event who were looking for people to put up marshalls and caddies etc whilst they were in Dubai, we gave one volunteer a bed for a week, 4 years later he became Godfather to my daughter. Three years ago I met a milliner in a chance meeting in BurJuman, he stayed with us for three weeks earlier this year. Chance meetings can work.

Ive already spoken with Bluecat and can say that I did the same Five years ago with a young irish girl who was working in the same school as me. She was on a similar salary and was finding it hard so we had 4 spare rooms and asked her if she would like to move in with us.

She was fantastic with our son who was ten years old at the time and helped him with his homework and would take him out with her mates..to give me a break, it worked for everyone and she was like a member of our family.

She now works for G4S in Dubai and has a fantastic lifestyle and apartment of her own, plus we will be friends for life..it can work. So good luck and I would have done exactly the same, had I still been living over there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.