Room 101

Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101

Upper bunk and lower bunk symbols are increasingly popular.

I find it fascinating. I usually ignore those.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Lots of aubergine chat?
Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of aubergine chat?

On fire today!
Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

I find it fascinating. I usually ignore those.
Upper bunk / lower bunk? I don't see these....

My Mum gets them wrong all the time, I just let her try, why not.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Some things we just don't need to know.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I think it's a Samsung phone but that's by the by, just to help someone identify the stupidity but into 101 I suggest anyone sitting in a quiet office with their phone on loud which makes either a coin falling/rattling/landing noise AND a water droplet noise with distressing regularity.

In fact, anyone just using a phone on loud at that pace where messages bounce back and forth is just ****ing hateful.

Also hateful is leaving your phone on loud and walking away to another room or meeting or for a coffee and just expecting everyone to enjoy the sound of shrill ringing.

Sometimes I think I'm borderline autistic when it comes to noises but I can't be the only one?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

One minor irritant in my life is dealing with Americans...In specifically this one example:

Them (by email)> What number can I call you on?
Me (knowing they are in the US) > +971 52 221 1111
They click the link and my phone rings

Me (by email)> What number can I call you on?
Them (knowing I'm in the UAE) > 202 123 1425
Me, click the link, it calls someone in Egypt. I have to close the line, open the email on the phone again, click the number, add them as a contact, insert the +1, then I can call them. Or I have to try and memorize it (never works) or find a pen and write down

This happens on a daily basis. At first, I thought it was only me that got annoyed by this, but I have since found several other sympathizers.

I was once in Egypt, trying to call someone who may or may not have been in egypt, and this exact story played out.

Me> Can I have a number to call you on?
Them> 202 123 1235
Me> It's not working, is there a digit missing?
Them (an hour later)> No
Me> Strange, as Egyptian numbers require an additional zero in there, but I cannot see where it goes
Them (an hour later)> I'm not in Egypt
Me> Where are you then? Can I have the full number to call you on
Then (an hour later)> sure, it's 202 123 1235
We never spoke in the end.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

I think it's a Samsung phone but that's by the by, just to help someone identify the stupidity but into 101 I suggest anyone sitting in a quiet office with their phone on loud which makes either a coin falling/rattling/landing noise AND a water droplet noise with distressing regularity.

In fact, anyone just using a phone on loud at that pace where messages bounce back and forth is just ****ing hateful.

Also hateful is leaving your phone on loud and walking away to another room or meeting or for a coffee and just expecting everyone to enjoy the sound of shrill ringing.

Sometimes I think I'm borderline autistic when it comes to noises but I can't be the only one?
Me too.

I'm sure I posted something similar a couple of months ago in regards to the metro.

The worst one is the messaging back and forth with that stupid whistling tone switched on.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:36 am
Account Closed

People who haven't ever left their country for long periods generally have no concept of time zones I find.

The amount of UK candidates who ring not only on Fridays (forgivable) but after hours or ask to be called 'after 6:30pm on Wednesday' is amazing. Never ring any of them.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

People who haven't ever left their country for long periods generally have no concept of time zones I find.

The amount of UK candidates who ring not only on Fridays (forgivable) but after hours or ask to be called 'after 6:30pm on Wednesday' is amazing. Never ring any of them.
Ah, that I can understand and forgive. These are people who have worked for my bank for years and often in the regional offices. They are just stupid or arrogant, or both.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 7:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
Me too.

I'm sure I posted something similar a couple of months ago in regards to the metro.

The worst one is the messaging back and forth with that stupid whistling tone switched on.
Apologies, let's just say it's in there twice and it's worthy!

Yes, that whistle one too. Eurgh.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Ah, that I can understand and forgive. These are people who have worked for my bank for years and often in the regional offices. They are just stupid or arrogant, or both.
Both I reckon.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Did that years ago in my last company. At the time it was all the rage to have songs as your ringtone as we were just coming out of the polyphonic age. I had decided to put a Biggie album on my phone and had a particularly good (but very explicit) tune as my ringtone. This wasn't normally a problem as it was always on silent when in work. That one day though when I forgot..... I was right at the other end of the office talking to the Regional Director when Biggie sparks up on loud.... by the time I got there everyone had got an earful of Biggie's thoughts on several different (sensitive) subjects..... Never again. Phone is now always on silent...... and I don't have gansta rap as a ringtome.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 7:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Did that years ago in my last company. At the time it was all the rage to have songs as your ringtone as we were just coming out of the polyphonic age. I had decided to put a Biggie album on my phone and had a particularly good (but very explicit) tune as my ringtone. This wasn't normally a problem as it was always on silent when in work. That one day though when I forgot..... I was right at the other end of the office talking to the Regional Director when Biggie sparks up on loud.... by the time I got there everyone had got an earful of Biggie's thoughts on several different (sensitive) subjects..... Never again. Phone is now always on silent...... and I don't have gansta rap as a ringtome.
I remember those days. I had Vivaldi as my ring tone having learned my lesson like you that a message tone along the lines of; BEEP BEEP "MAIL MOTHER****ER" is rarely appropriate.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I remember those days. I had Vivaldi as my ring tone having learned my lesson like you that a message tone along the lines of; BEEP BEEP "MAIL MOTHER****ER" is rarely appropriate.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I had no idea you were such an OG as well.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

I remember trying to program the League of Gentleman theme tune to my Nokia 3210.
I then upgraded to a Sagem that played the first 5 seconds of Kylie's "Can't Get You Out of My Head" over and over again. Thought it was so cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.