Robbie Williams

Old Apr 26th 2015, 5:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Robbie Williams

Anyone else go?

I thought it was cracking, he's definitely a top performer / entertainer, basically a greatest hits kind of tour from the tunes last night.

Music aside, the venue is cool, always have been. The prices have come back down a touch but are still expensive. We had tickets for the VIP Platform which was utter shite. Luckily our tickets were free, but normal were 300 and the platform were 700 I think. Not worth it, don't fall for it in future.

Good night, but knackered now. When will Dubai build something that can handle bigger acts?
Old Apr 26th 2015, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

DustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really nice
Default Re: Robbie Williams

I'll second that. Cracking gig and nice moment when his Dad joined him on stage (cool voice too!)

We were on the VIP tables behind the platform. Couldn't believe that for 1000 dibs we were the farthest back in the whole venue! Seats and drinks were nice, but didn't expect the worst view in the house, so won't do that again. Mosh pit next time!

DB
Old Apr 26th 2015, 6:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DustyBits
I'll second that. Cracking gig and nice moment when his Dad joined him on stage (cool voice too!)

We were on the VIP tables behind the platform. Couldn't believe that for 1000 dibs we were the farthest back in the whole venue! Seats and drinks were nice, but didn't expect the worst view in the house, so won't do that again. Mosh pit next time!

DB
I wondered how much they were. They looked decent, if a little far back. VIP Platform was pointless because you were same height as stage, so hard to see, whereas on the grass the stage is higher, so easy to see.

We must have spent about 5 minutes up there.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

thought he put on a belter of show. Bohemian Rhapsody was interesting!
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brains1983
thought he put on a belter of show. Bohemian Rhapsody was interesting!
I think my favourite was the barbershop (I think) version of Ignition (Remix) by R Kelly.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

The pit was ace. And I somehow drank enough to get drunk but not enough to have a hangover. Thought he was a brilliant entertainer, right mix of naughty and fun.

Terrible dress sense though.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 4:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by al dente
The pit was ace. And I somehow drank enough to get drunk but not enough to have a hangover. Thought he was a brilliant entertainer, right mix of naughty and fun.

Terrible dress sense though.
The amount of middle aged Mums and Dads who were hammered and either dancing around like complete helmets or falling over (yes, saw this several times) completely smashed was utterly hilarious.

Fantastic viewing though.