British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   RISE AND SHINE EVERYONE! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rise-shine-everyone-470837/)

The Diabolical Aug 2nd 2007 3:04 am

RISE AND SHINE EVERYONE!

Another great day in Dubai. Todays forecast: Hot, dry, and extremely profitable. Lets get out there and seize the opportunities! I just got done running a 8 minute mile! Best time this year.

Madam Medusa Aug 2nd 2007 3:58 am

Re: RISE AND SHINE EVERYONE!

Originally Posted by The Diabolical (Post 5136329)
Another great day in Dubai. Todays forecast: Hot, dry, and extremely profitable. Lets get out there and seize the opportunities! I just got done running a 8 minute mile! Best time this year.

all this excercise Diabolical...you must be dead fit...

MM, xx

The Diabolical Aug 2nd 2007 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5136433)
all this excercise Diabolical...you must be dead fit...

MM, xx

Mentally and physically i'm ready for anything the world might throw at me.

Paidtoplease Aug 2nd 2007 4:06 am

Good Morning Diabolical....wow 8 min mile.... you just keep impressing more and more each post...well done...Oh how did the birthday bash go, did she like her pearl necklace???

Madam Medusa Aug 2nd 2007 4:07 am

Originally Posted by The Diabolical (Post 5136461)
Mentally and physically i'm ready for anything the world might throw at me.

i can see that...

MM, xx

The Diabolical Aug 2nd 2007 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5136477)
Good Morning Diabolical....wow 8 min mile.... you just keep impressing more and more each post...well done...Oh how did the birthday bash go, did she like her pearl necklace???

Please don't try to turn something nice into something dirty. You're better than that.

Paidtoplease Aug 2nd 2007 4:16 am

Originally Posted by The Diabolical (Post 5136504)
Please don't try to turn something nice into something dirty. You're better than that.

Actually it was a genuine question...did she like her ''okay'' necklace, that fact that it was pearl was just a detail...:mad:

Rog_Rams Aug 2nd 2007 4:18 am

My dear chap, I know what I'd like to seize!

Do you really think anyone is motivated by these bizarre and banal posturings?

It's "me, me, me" pomposity gone mad!

Or are you just a skilled troll?

The Diabolical Aug 2nd 2007 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5136516)
Actually it was a genuine question...did she like her ''okay'' necklace, that fact that it was pearl was just a detail...:mad:

I've decided that the subject is to personal to discuss here. I don't know what I was thinking when I brought it up yesterday.

The Diabolical Aug 2nd 2007 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams (Post 5136522)
My dear chap, I know what I'd like to seize!

Do you really think anyone is motivated by these bizarre and banal posturings?

It's "me, me, me" pomposity gone mad!

Or are you just a skilled troll?

I'm 6 foot 3, 230 pounds of twisted steel, with drop your boney butt to the curb appeal.

I'm anything but a troll.

Paidtoplease Aug 2nd 2007 4:22 am

Originally Posted by The Diabolical (Post 5136526)
I've decided that the subject is to personal to discuss here. I don't know what I was thinking when I brought it up yesterday.

Well you did !!! And turning a genuine question into an insult is not a nice thing to do...

Rog_Rams Aug 2nd 2007 4:26 am

Originally Posted by The Diabolical (Post 5136531)
I'm 6 foot 3, 230 pounds of twisted steel, with drop your boney butt to the curb appeal.

I'm anything but a troll.

You, you, you again! I rest my case.

But as for me, me, me, I'll have you know that my butt is most shapely!

jvr20 Aug 2nd 2007 4:32 am

Originally Posted by The Diabolical (Post 5136526)

i'd venture to suggest it was one of two things:

1. "I'm bored to death of my middle management job, my investments here look shaky and I'm falling into a general rut. My wife is fed up of the place as well. Let's see if I can divert some attention by playing TROLL on a message board.

or

2. I genuinely am a self made gazillionnaire on the back of modern day indentured labour - huzzah! Let me bring some sunshine into the lives of other regular working types by going through Covey and other self-help type bull$hitters. At the same time I'll throw in some personal anecdotes of how I spend my money. Ho ho ho - these people think someone of my wealth would be happy with a PA who drives a Ford - a Ford? in Dubai?? I'll impress them with tales of how I lavish new cars and jewellery on her and how she's a latter day Mrs Marcos, wahey! Also bore them to death with tedious minutiae of my morning routine and how I'm fit and healthy and nothing like the stereotype of a successful (read wealthy) man of my age. That'll teach them!

So which one is it, habibi?

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

The Diabolical Aug 2nd 2007 4:42 am

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5136564)
2. I genuinely am a self made gazillionnaire on the back of modern day indentured labour - huzzah! Let me bring some sunshine into the lives of other regular working types by going through Covey and other self-help type bull$hitters. At the same time I'll throw in some personal anecdotes of how I spend my money. Ho ho ho - these people think someone of my wealth would be happy with a PA who drives a Ford - a Ford? in Dubai?? I'll impress them with tales of how I lavish new cars and jewellery on her and how she's a latter day Mrs Marcos, wahey! Also bore them to death with tedious minutiae of my morning routine and how I'm fit and healthy and nothing like the stereotype of a successful (read wealthy) man of my age. That'll teach them!

#1) I'm proud of what I do.
#2) I don't brag about my money- I'm merely sharing my life story
Isn't this a message board?
#3) The Ford Focus is crap, it reflects poorly on me when my top aid shows up to a meeting in a green Ford Focus. I'm sorry
#4) I work hard to stay in top condition. It's a big part of who I am.

You're just going to have to deal with it JVR

Paidtoplease Aug 2nd 2007 4:42 am

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5136564)
i'd venture to suggest it was one of two things:

1. "I'm bored to death of my middle management job, my investments here look shaky and I'm falling into a general rut. My wife is fed up of the place as well. Let's see if I can divert some attention by playing TROLL on a message board.

or

So which one is it, habibi?

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Please please tell me...what is a TROLL :confused::confused::confused: