British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Rihanna Anybody? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rihanna-anybody-795790/)

jam25mack Oct 21st 2013 11:10 am

Re: Rihanna Anybody?

I was down in AD for the weekend. We stayed in the Shangra la and TBH the only thing that spoilt the weekend was the concert. We were witness to the worst attempt at lip syncing I have ever seen! Also, no flesh being flashed.

There fore I say it was less than average 2/5.

shiva Oct 21st 2013 11:29 am

And now she starts a shit storm

Pics

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...89039648_n.png

The National

Superstar singer Rihanna was asked to leave the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque after posing for a series of pictures that staff said did not ‘conform to conditions’ put in place to protect the sanctuary of the religious momument.

"Dressed in an all-black outfit that covered her arms, legs and hair, the Umbrella singer is seen pouting and lying down in the courtyard in the shots, which appeared on her Instagram account. The Bajan star visited the mosque before her Abu Dhabi concert and posed for the photographs which some have deemed “disrespectful” at a place of worship.

The Dean Oct 21st 2013 12:42 pm

Lip synching?? Really?? Since when did that constitute a 'live' performance? That is the most outrageous thing I have heard in a very long time - is that actually legal? I mean, is there something that says the performance has to be live.

(Not out here I suppose but there must be something more to it than that)

:frown:

jam25mack Oct 21st 2013 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10953939)
Lip synching?? Really?? Since when did that constitute a 'live' performance? That is the most outrageous thing I have heard in a very long time - is that actually legal? I mean, is there something that says the performance has to be live.

(Not out here I suppose but there must be something more to it than that)

:frown:

It wasn't even convincing! She'd be 'singing' along and then just stop 'singing' and start dancing or whatever, but her voice would carry on. Pretty unbelievable to be honest.

Shard Oct 21st 2013 1:21 pm

Never been a fan of "RiRi" but after this statement, she has gone up in my estimation. :thumbup:

Bahtatboy Oct 21st 2013 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10953859)
And now she starts a shit storm

Pics

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...89039648_n.png

The National

Superstar singer Rihanna was asked to leave the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque after posing for a series of pictures that staff said did not ‘conform to conditions’ put in place to protect the sanctuary of the religious momument.

"Dressed in an all-black outfit that covered her arms, legs and hair, the Umbrella singer is seen pouting and lying down in the courtyard in the shots, which appeared on her Instagram account. The Bajan star visited the mosque before her Abu Dhabi concert and posed for the photographs which some have deemed “disrespectful” at a place of worship.

Quite right too. Time and place and all that.

Boomhauer Oct 21st 2013 2:55 pm

What's the big deal, she is all covered up and is wearing loose clothing. Those poses aren't very suggestive.
I just see it as highly hypocritical for the UAE authorities to exhibit umbrage when the people who built the Mosque were treated as disposable .

OleJanx Oct 21st 2013 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10954126)
What's the big deal, she is all covered up and is wearing loose clothing. Those poses aren't very suggestive.
I just see it as highly hypocritical for the UAE authorities to exhibit umbrage when the people who built the Mosque were treated as disposable .

Do as we say, dear boy, not as we do. GCC Rule One, 1981.

Bahtatboy Oct 21st 2013 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10954126)

I disagree with your first point (she's mocking the abaya, iin front of the Grand Mosque), but totally agree with your second.

jam25mack Oct 21st 2013 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10954342)
I disagree with your first point (she's mocking the abaya, iin front of the Grand Mosque), but totally agree with your second.

Is she tho? She is no different looking to most of the local ladies you see strutting through the mall / trying to kill you on the roads.

Boomhauer Oct 21st 2013 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10954829)
Is she tho? She is no different looking to most of the local ladies you see strutting through the mall / trying to kill you on the roads.

She looks bloody hot:D

OriginalSunshine Oct 22nd 2013 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10954829)

:goodpost:

Abudhabibrit Oct 24th 2013 2:22 am

I didnt go to the concert, but im yet to meet a single person who hasnt said it was crap