Rental Increase

Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

GingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really nice
Default Rental Increase

Hi All, wonder if anyone can help, I did a search on BE but could find anything specific to limited 1 year rental agreements

We have been at same place for 3 years - all 1 year limited contracts that have renewed - now the landlord is asking for a rise of 15%

checked on ReRA site and we are "within 25% so no increase is due" comes back

does anyone know if the limited 1 year contract makes a difference...he's wont move in as doesnt live in Dubai and owns a few other places that are rented out

thanks in advance
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:14 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental Increase

Originally Posted by GingerWizard
Hi All, wonder if anyone can help, I did a search on BE but could find anything specific to limited 1 year rental agreements

We have been at same place for 3 years - all 1 year limited contracts that have renewed - now the landlord is asking for a rise of 15%

checked on ReRA site and we are "within 25% so no increase is due" comes back

does anyone know if the limited 1 year contract makes a difference...he's wont move in as doesnt live in Dubai and owns a few other places that are rented out

thanks in advance
1 year contract doesn't make a difference.

A cut paste from my letter to my landlord previously

In my conversation with RERA they confirmed the following and also suggested that if you have any questions you are also free to call them to confirm - RERA number is +971 - 4 - 222 - 1112

• If the rent calculator on RERA website says no increase, then no increase is allowed.
• If the Landlord wants to sell he needs to give 12 months notice of eviction
• According to RERA the Landlord is obliged to renew the agreement for same rent for a further 12 months.

Call RERA - they were actually quite helpful and basically said get the landlord to call us if he needs further clarification.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

GingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really nice
Default Re: Rental Increase

thanks Autonomy, just called them and said the same - doesnt matter - and suggested I call Dubai Municipality Rental Committee to register complaint
their number is 800-4488 if anyone else needs it...
much appreciated