British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Renewing your UK passport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/renewing-your-uk-passport-595893/)

Spugsy Mar 6th 2009 8:41 pm

Renewing your UK passport

How do I go about it? Do I have to go to the british embassy? if so where do I get all the forms and that?

Ta.

Madam Medusa Mar 7th 2009 2:26 am

Re: Renewing your UK passport

i've got to do this too...download the form and fill it in, and then go to the embassy...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2009 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7353232)
i've got to do this too...download the form and fill it in, and then go to the embassy...

MM, xx

same here, have you got the link for the download?

busybee2 Mar 7th 2009 4:37 am

fco abu dhabi etc.

you can download the form, also you can see the fees. remember that you have to stick by the new rules for pictures etc otherwise they will reject you. i need to renew my boys one AGAIN.... thats the prob with getting him a passport from day 1 it means that i will have to buy him 4 passports before i can get one for 10 years....... at now this one is going to cost 420 dhs!

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2009 4:59 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7353391)
fco abu dhabi etc.

you can download the form, also you can see the fees. remember that you have to stick by the new rules for pictures etc otherwise they will reject you. i need to renew my boys one AGAIN.... thats the prob with getting him a passport from day 1 it means that i will have to buy him 4 passports before i can get one for 10 years....... at now this one is going to cost 420 dhs!

why? we got a five year one when Mitten was born?

Shadya Mar 7th 2009 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7352571)
How do I go about it? Do I have to go to the british embassy? if so where do I get all the forms and that?

Ta.

It's as easy as pie...but won't come cheap.

typical Mar 7th 2009 6:10 am

Everything you need to know is here:

http://ukinuae.fco.gov.uk/en/passpor...assport-in-uae

Remember you need to stay in the UAE while it's being done - about two weeks...

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2009 6:49 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 7353491)
Everything you need to know is here:

http://ukinuae.fco.gov.uk/en/passpor...assport-in-uae

Remember you need to stay in the UAE while it's being done - about two weeks...

:thumbup:

Inselaffen Mar 7th 2009 8:55 am

wish it was so easy for Mrs Insey. She has to go back to her country to get a new passport. Bloody ridiculous!

typical Mar 7th 2009 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7353805)
wish it was so easy for Mrs Insey. She has to go back to her country to get a new passport. Bloody ridiculous!

I chose to go back to the UK for my last renewal. It was faster and cheaper (in terms of passport fees), and no need for a stupid free zone consent letter.

busybee2 Mar 7th 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7353415)
why? we got a five year one when Mitten was born?

yes five years. but got first one at birth, then at 5 and then at 10 and then will be 15 but you can only get a 10 year passport at age 16 so then we have to wait until 20 if you get my drift.

Shadya Mar 7th 2009 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by typical (Post 7353839)
I chose to go back to the UK for my last renewal. It was faster and cheaper (in terms of passport fees), and no need for a stupid free zone consent letter.

Hubby got his and our daughter's over here much easier than back in the UK, so he says. No consent letter required. He was at the British Consulate for less than 10 minutes both times.

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2009 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7354193)
yes five years. but got first one at birth, then at 5 and then at 10 and then will be 15 but you can only get a 10 year passport at age 16 so then we have to wait until 20 if you get my drift.

right I get it !

busybee2 Mar 7th 2009 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7354353)
right I get it !

so they get another passport fee out of you...... and with this child he had his picture of when he was born for five years......! yeh it could be any baby:rofl:

busybee2 Mar 7th 2009 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7354329)
Hubby got his and our daughter's over here much easier than back in the UK, so he says. No consent letter required. He was at the British Consulate for less than 10 minutes both times.

yes its really easy here, they say that it takes 10 days, but its usually quicker than that, but you do pay a little bit more and now with the exchange rate....:confused: