Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Renewing your UK passport

Renewing your UK passport

Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:41 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renewing your UK passport

How do I go about it? Do I have to go to the british embassy? if so where do I get all the forms and that?

Ta.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing your UK passport

i've got to do this too...download the form and fill it in, and then go to the embassy...

MM, xx
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i've got to do this too...download the form and fill it in, and then go to the embassy...

MM, xx
same here, have you got the link for the download?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

fco abu dhabi etc.

you can download the form, also you can see the fees. remember that you have to stick by the new rules for pictures etc otherwise they will reject you. i need to renew my boys one AGAIN.... thats the prob with getting him a passport from day 1 it means that i will have to buy him 4 passports before i can get one for 10 years....... at now this one is going to cost 420 dhs!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
fco abu dhabi etc.

you can download the form, also you can see the fees. remember that you have to stick by the new rules for pictures etc otherwise they will reject you. i need to renew my boys one AGAIN.... thats the prob with getting him a passport from day 1 it means that i will have to buy him 4 passports before i can get one for 10 years....... at now this one is going to cost 420 dhs!
why? we got a five year one when Mitten was born?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:03 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
How do I go about it? Do I have to go to the british embassy? if so where do I get all the forms and that?

Ta.
It's as easy as pie...but won't come cheap.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 6:10 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Everything you need to know is here:

http://ukinuae.fco.gov.uk/en/passpor...assport-in-uae

Remember you need to stay in the UAE while it's being done - about two weeks...
Old Mar 7th 2009, 6:49 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by typical
Everything you need to know is here:

http://ukinuae.fco.gov.uk/en/passpor...assport-in-uae

Remember you need to stay in the UAE while it's being done - about two weeks...
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

wish it was so easy for Mrs Insey. She has to go back to her country to get a new passport. Bloody ridiculous!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 9:13 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
wish it was so easy for Mrs Insey. She has to go back to her country to get a new passport. Bloody ridiculous!
I chose to go back to the UK for my last renewal. It was faster and cheaper (in terms of passport fees), and no need for a stupid free zone consent letter.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
why? we got a five year one when Mitten was born?
yes five years. but got first one at birth, then at 5 and then at 10 and then will be 15 but you can only get a 10 year passport at age 16 so then we have to wait until 20 if you get my drift.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by typical
I chose to go back to the UK for my last renewal. It was faster and cheaper (in terms of passport fees), and no need for a stupid free zone consent letter.
Hubby got his and our daughter's over here much easier than back in the UK, so he says. No consent letter required. He was at the British Consulate for less than 10 minutes both times.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes five years. but got first one at birth, then at 5 and then at 10 and then will be 15 but you can only get a 10 year passport at age 16 so then we have to wait until 20 if you get my drift.
right I get it !
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
right I get it !
so they get another passport fee out of you...... and with this child he had his picture of when he was born for five years......! yeh it could be any baby
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shadya
Hubby got his and our daughter's over here much easier than back in the UK, so he says. No consent letter required. He was at the British Consulate for less than 10 minutes both times.
yes its really easy here, they say that it takes 10 days, but its usually quicker than that, but you do pay a little bit more and now with the exchange rate....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.