Renewing a passport

Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renewing a passport

About 20 days ago I sent my passport off for renewal. I ordered a 48 page one

All was going well, payment taken and email updates. Then last week I got a call saying there was a problem...

They spotted that they have printed me a 32 page passport when I asked for 48pages. Now the craziness starts. The options available to me are:

1) take a refund for the difference between a 48 page and a 32 page passport
2) have the 32 page passport posted to me, I send it back stating it was not what I asked for and they will refund the postage and print me a new one.

The obvious option i.e. don't post the 32 page one to me and print me off a 48 page one and post it was not possible!

Brilliant. As I have to travel in 10 days, I'm forced to take for the refund and a 32 page passport. All a bit of a drama but given that the previous 48 pages only lasted 37 months this is quite annoying.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing a passport

Stop travelling so much, stay at the office.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:49 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

First world problems.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all

Ask them if the UK one is not an option, can they do any other countries in a 48 page layout?
Old Aug 25th 2013, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by giddyup
Ask them if the UK one is not an option, can they do any other countries in a 48 page layout?
That I'm sure they could do!
Old Aug 25th 2013, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikewot
Stop travelling so much, stay at the office.
I hate the office. It's by far the least productive place for me to work.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Greenways is an unknown quantity at this point

Millhouse, the same happened to me. And I've just remembered I forgot to claim the refund of the difference in cost. ( thanks for the reminder ).

They also sent it back to my residential address and not my office address so the courier had to re route - I had written clearly in the correct area (or so I thought) the return address.

But it did only take 11 days door to door....
Old Aug 25th 2013, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Greenways
They also sent it back to my residential address and not my office address so the courier had to re route - I had written clearly in the correct area (or so I thought) the return address.
Snap. I got home this evening to find it had been delivered here and not to the very clearly written delivery address. On the upside it was quick. I think around 15 days.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

waiting for mine to be delivered to liverpool because of the bank holiday.... its been there since saturday waiting waiting waiting....
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Randy Bender is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a new 48 page passport this July from the office in Victoria. Went in at the appointed time for an 'interview' then dossed around the streets of London for 4 hours then went back and there it was all shiny and brand new. Cost 130 quid, mind you.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Randy Bender
I got a new 48 page passport this July from the office in Victoria. Went in at the appointed time for an 'interview' then dossed around the streets of London for 4 hours then went back and there it was all shiny and brand new. Cost 130 quid, mind you.
180quid if you do it from overseas.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:06 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I need a new passport, and I'll be back in Uk for 2 weeks soon. Is that long enough to do it by post in UK?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I need a new passport, and I'll be back in Uk for 2 weeks soon. Is that long enough to do it by post in UK?
A friend did it the day he arrived in the UK and it was returned to a UK address (mine) in about 8 days.

Better to do the same day thing, or do it from here -- it's a bit more expensive but less hassle in a way.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
A friend did it the day he arrived in the UK and it was returned to a UK address (mine) in about 8 days.

Better to do the same day thing, or do it from here -- it's a bit more expensive but less hassle in a way.
Just had a look at the Passport Office website. Think I'll go to the nearest office (Durham), and use the Fast Track service, which means it should be posted to my home address within a week.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:33 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Just had a look at the Passport Office website. Think I'll go to the nearest office (Durham), and use the Fast Track service, which means it should be posted to my home address within a week.
If you're going to go there you may as well use the same day service and wait 4 hours. You can have a look around the City too, what's there not to like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.