British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Red Bull Air Race AD (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/red-bull-air-race-ad-527060/)

Coxy the Bear Apr 7th 2008 2:04 pm

Re: Red Bull Air Race AD

A lot of Aerobatics guys are also airline pilots, The guy my Dad knows owns Jet2.com now.

Sam FTQ Apr 7th 2008 4:53 pm

They were out doing their displays today - it was so exciting to watch! Nigel Lamb has definitely got the best looking aircraft.

sinderelle Apr 7th 2008 6:39 pm

I would love to go but school on 10th and DD has bl**dy birthday party to attend on 11th :(

ScotsExpat Apr 7th 2008 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 6173662)
They were out doing their displays today - it was so exciting to watch! Nigel Lamb has definitely got the best looking aircraft.

Its either his bright yellow or his red and yellow........... Not exactly the one to win the style stakes,,,,,,,, even at the Grand National (see earlier posts!!!!)

Either way, the MX2 is by far faster and can pull far more G's than Lambs Extra 300S.....

Sam FTQ Apr 8th 2008 2:57 am

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat (Post 6175472)
Its either his bright yellow or his red and yellow........... Not exactly the one to win the style stakes,,,,,,,, even at the Grand National (see earlier posts!!!!)

Either way, the MX2 is by far faster and can pull far more G's than Lambs Extra 300S.....

I think you've got your aircraft confused... Nigel Lamb flies the Breitling MX2.

ScotsExpat Apr 8th 2008 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 6176080)
I think you've got your aircraft confused... Nigel Lamb flies the Breitling MX2.

Beg your pardon, Sam... Thought he was still flying the Extra 300S.................................:unsure::unsu re:

Chris79 Apr 8th 2008 7:08 am

:thumbsup: I've just had a phone call from Time Out Abu Dhabi, I've won VIP tickets for Thursday and Friday.
Should be good fun :thumbup:
I'll have to take a load of pictures.

lionheart Apr 8th 2008 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6176560)
:thumbsup: I've just had a phone call from Time Out Abu Dhabi, I've won VIP tickets for Thursday and Friday.

How did you manage that?

Chris79 Apr 8th 2008 7:16 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6176561)
How did you manage that?

I applied for the competition on Time Out Abu Dhabi website. Answered a stupidly easy question and thought nothing else of it then got an email this morning and call shortly after that. I never normally win a thing! Go to pick them up from the Hilton tommoz.

Buzz Lightyear Apr 8th 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6163949)
looks as though it would be good...but have you seen the pilots, they could at least have had one looker...

MM, xx

My mae shehab will be racing in the Red bull season next year..good looking lad and hung like a donkey...not that would interst you mind... lol....:eek:

Chris79 Apr 8th 2008 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear (Post 6177042)
My mae shehab will be racing in the Red bull season next year..good looking lad and hung like a donkey...not that would interst you mind... lol....:eek:

How'd you know he is hung like a donkey :unsure:
:p

Madam Medusa Apr 8th 2008 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear (Post 6177042)

nope, i am not in the slightest bit interested...:D

MM, xx

Confucius Apr 8th 2008 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6176560)

I think you got punkd by the good old Nigerian scam...

Chris79 Apr 9th 2008 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6178897)
I think you got punkd by the good old Nigerian scam...

Maybe, maybe not! My name is on the Time Out Website! I will see at lunch today when I'm going to pick the tickets up. :thumbup:

fruitbat1970 Apr 9th 2008 8:50 am

I went last year and treated myself to a day in the VIP area, it was i suspect a far better experience, you got free red bull and free food and got to hear the commentary and see the action on the big screen as well as in front of you. We were given binoculars as a gift, it was an expensive but good day out.

This year i am not sure if i am going to go, as the VIP is now more expensive and also last year i didnt know many people in AD so going on my own was fine, this year i did want to go with friends but i am struggling to find anyone who actually wants to go. (sorry i got sidetracked)

Chris79 i think you are in for a treat with your prize....