Old Jul 13th 2012, 1:03 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Rangers in Division 3

Does anybody care?
Old Jul 13th 2012, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rangers in Division 3

Originally Posted by Kix
Does anybody care?
The SPL teams (whose gate and TV receipts will plummet) will certainly care...........
Old Jul 13th 2012, 2:09 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by The Dean
The SPL teams (whose gate and TV receipts will plummet) will certainly care...........
But the likes of Div 3 clubs, like Annan with an average gate of under 700 will see their takings increase massively, for 2 games a season at least.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 2:09 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, I support Rangers and we deserve to be in the 3rd. Anything else would have been a complete travesty.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 2:28 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

1/20 to win Div 3.....
Old Jul 13th 2012, 3:10 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

They are floating the idea of an SPL2 now... with Rangers...

FFS...

Scotland needs to rediscover the youth system, and remind its kids that passing can mean more than the vinegar for their chips
Old Jul 13th 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
They are floating the idea of an SPL2 now... with Rangers...

FFS...

Scotland needs to rediscover the youth system, and remind its kids that passing can mean more than the vinegar for their chips
Speaking of passing; when I used play street and school football in Abu Dhabi, it was very rare for any of the kids to pass the bloody ball!

Everyone wants to hog the ball and score a goal all by themselves. No matter how many bloody times teammates would implore for the ball to be passed, it wouldn't.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 4:34 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Speaking of passing; when I used play street and school football in Abu Dhabi, it was very rare for any of the kids to pass the bloody ball!

Everyone wants to hog the ball and score a goal all by themselves. No matter how many bloody times teammates would implore for the ball to be passed, it wouldn't.
Thats youth football for you the world over. The best youth players are the ones that work out its far easier to pass and move. That said there was always atleast 2 or 3 players I would never pass to in my youth teams.

Regarding Rangers, Is there not a clause in the TV money that states if Celtic or Rangers leave the SPL they can cancel the deal?
Old Jul 13th 2012, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

It's an opportunity for the Dons to shine again, like they did under Sir Alex...
Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
It's an opportunity for the Dons to shine again, like they did under Sir Alex...
........... but there'll never be another Eric Black............... one of the most underrated players of the 20th century...........
Old Jul 14th 2012, 8:14 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Yea, I support Rangers and we deserve to be in the 3rd. Anything else would have been a complete travesty.
to be fair I think you lot did well to be in there after everything that's happened, and this will be a warning to clubs all over Scotland and hopefully England as well - ***** about with finances and you can be demoted massively.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:50 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

You do wonder how many other SPL clubs would be tipped over the edge if the SPL does lose its Sky and ESPN deals, mind you.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

This decision could realistically end football in Scotland. No team in the SPL can afford not to have RFC visiting their ground and selling their allocation of tickets! Its great for Berwick, Albion etc. as third division clubs as I assume they get half the gate receipts home and away. Half the receipts for a Rangers away game will keep them running for years.

But imagine Kilmarnock. Motherwell et al that rely on a full grounds versus Rangers and Celtic home and away. Their major income has halved!

Kilmarnock drawing 4500 versus Motherwell just isn't sustainable!

Now I am either being thick or this is gonna bite the SPL & the SFA on the arse! If this had happened to any of the top 4 in England noway would they have sent them down to the third division!

Morally I agree Rangers should be where they are now because of financial mis-management but Im sorry I cannot see the financial sense in this decision whatsoever!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is scottish and Karlos has just echoed what he was saying to me earlier. Not being Scottish nor into football i wasn't particulalry riled. Surely, t's a mickey mouse league if only two teams count.

If everyone really cares that much they should support their home team rather than bemoaning the loss of local football from their armchairs. If people can't be arsed to go to the game then it has to be a case of supply and demand?

OR they could take Celtic/ rangers and incorporate them into England football and have British premier league? this apparently could get me nailed to the cross if I ever speak it out loud north of the border.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:57 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

i think its brilliant and absolutely the right thing to do.
if clubs in the spl suffer financially then they should be better run. I am not a fan of football at the best of times and when its seems that clubs the world over have been given a free pass to be run appallingly and often illegally financially then tough ****ing shit, its about time they had to abide by the same rules as other businesses. as for the totty wee scottish clubs, as already said one away gate takings will seriously change their finances which will hopefully allow them to recruit, train and retain youngsters from the surrounding areas. there is the potential for it to work out very well for scottish football, yes the bigger clubs will suffer but they have been living beyond their means for decades anyway. most clubs simply do not have the required fanbase in scotland to support buying multi millon pound players so why pretend and deceive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.