Ramadan Kareem !

Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:29 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramadan Kareem !

sunbeam ??

No unfortuantely , the human race is not going to change anytime soon.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
sunbeam ??

No unfortuantely , the human race is not going to change anytime soon.
Quite! No enlightening beams anytime soon...meanwhile. the rest of us get on with life without unwelcome interference....
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:53 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

each to their own
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
each to their own
My thoughts entirely. It should be up to the individual, not some jumped up prat who thinks he can dictate freely unto others his corrupted version that suits his own particular ends.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:13 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OleJanx
My thoughts entirely. It should be up to the individual, not some jumped up prat who thinks he can dictate freely unto others his corrupted version that suits his own particular ends.
What? Like Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohd etc?

(Look, I can't think of the relevant Hindi, Budism, whatever religion Waco people).

Tom Cruise for scientology maybe?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kix
What? Like Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohd etc?

(Look, I can't think of the relevant Hindi, Budism, whatever religion Waco people).

Tom Cruise for scientology maybe?
Ummm, beyond me, I'm afraid. My views on the religious world are mine, and no one elses's and I'm not sharing them. Keep it personal..and those who can't , then keep out of my way...!

Depesche Mode, somewhere around June/July 1990 , had a song called "My Own, Personal, Jesus" My thoughts, one way or another.

( for those who are rude enough to enquire, I''m a Plymouth Brethren by berth, and a Quacker by inclination - right, wrong, but my choice. Like, lump or disagreement, but I will never argue with you, just so long as I don't argue with you: If i do, then fine! I probably deserve it!)
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't quack in public !
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:27 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I''m a Plymouth Brethren by berth,
First time I've known anyone else outside of my family (fathers side but not him) who is/was one. Lot of brethren on the North East coast of Scotland.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:40 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I would normally avoid this question if it came from an atheist, simply because there are no common grounds to sustain a discussion on religious mystiques if he does not believe in the existence of God in the first place..
Not fully sure I understand your argument, surely you should be able to explain why you do something, you must have a reason, you must have thought about it and made a decision based on something, even if it's just following the crowd.

Health wise, it has now become an established fact that fasting or subjecting the body to some form of food deprivation is a very good technique for the health of the body, check this:.
But your link is based on modern scientific investigation, this was not available in the time period when the subject under discussion started, so this point is not valid.

Also, as mammals we are not supposed to be eating on regular bases. Mother nature/God did not create our body for such a dietary system. All Mammals are supposed to be searching and browsing for food in the wilderness,.
Human bodies (not sure why you refer to mammals) are very adaptable, thats why we can live in hot places and in cold places, we can eat a lot in one sitting or we can browse. Nature did not adapt our bodies for one particular niche but to cover a range of possibilities.

Now let’s come back to the Islamic fasting; A typical fasting muslim would spend nearly 8% of his total life starving, the equivalent of 5 years of his life is actually spent in starvation. So you can look upon the month of Ramadan as a regulator that brings humanity closer to their true nature.
Your maths needs some work because they're not actually fasting all the time are they? Only for a part of the day and the meals are a little more widely spaced.
Bringing humanity closer to their nature? What does that mean because I can't make any sense out of it. Also not drinking water is not natural, that is the thing that will kill you quicker than not eating food.

As for the spiritual aspect of fasting, ask any spiritual person from any religious discipline, and he could easily tell you that a human soul thrives when the flesh is deprived of its pleasures. This is in fact, the very doctrine the early Christian Monkery was based on..
Are you saying that deprivation induces sme form of pleasure?

Islamic faith is a creed based on a concept that the natural habitat for human existance is a place in heaven, which further implies that life on earth is unnatural for the human beings.
So you're saying that actually all muslims want to die quickly and early because life is unnatural. That is an absolutely incredible statement!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:53 am

So who is forcing you to do what ?
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Now let’s come back to the Islamic fasting; A typical fasting muslim would spend nearly 8% of his total life starving, the equivalent of 5 years of his life is actually spent in starvation.
Starving? That's insulting to people that are actually starving.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on.

Refraining from eating during daylight hours and then stuffing your face for most of the night is as far from starving as I am from being a man.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I see parralels between the way many of today's Muslims celebrate Ramadan and how "the West" celebrates Christmas. Consumerist overload complete with gluttony !

I suppose the West can excuse itself by using the label "post-Christian" to decribe the frivolous, infantile and celebrity-driven society that has developed there !

Last edited by scot47; Apr 21st 2013 at 9:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.