Ramadan

Old Jun 22nd 2015, 10:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Ramadan

Originally Posted by Meow
All I remember from Geography lessons at school is something about primary and tertiary industry but isn't map reading something you pick up from your parents?

I thought that it was a general life skill, along with changing plugs/fuses, putting up pictures, decorating, cooking, etc. Am I that old fashioned?
I reckon we both are. In fact, if there's one trade that I bet should be able to use a map it's a cab driver. Especially seeing as all the Uber's are Lexus types with built in sat nav as well as the map that the app provides.

Anyway. It's just annoying, but not the end of the world. Truly a first world problem.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Scamp;11681393
Truly a first world problem.[/QUOTE]

Quite the opposite Imagine what it would be like in India.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 10:48 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I reckon we both are. In fact, if there's one trade that I bet should be able to use a map it's a cab driver. Especially seeing as all the Uber's are Lexus types with built in sat nav as well as the map that the app provides.

Anyway. It's just annoying, but not the end of the world. Truly a first world problem.
Second hand Lexus' (Lexi?) with out of date satnav anyway...
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 10:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Quite the opposite Imagine what it would be like in India.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 11:33 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think it's laziness combined with inability then.
This is getting closer to the mark.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 4:32 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Second hand Lexus' (Lexi?) with out of date satnav anyway...
Lexi....

Old Jun 23rd 2015, 7:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The plural is definitely Lexi. Love Partridge.

And as we're on the topic, this has made me smile recently.

Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
The plural is definitely Lexi. Love Partridge.

And as we're on the topic, this has made me smile recently.

http://i59.tinypic.com/34xfadc.jpg

Apparently that was pretty much completely unscripted. One of my favourite scenes.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Old Jun 26th 2015, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Mike, I have just finished preparing a reply to the post you'd just removed. Part of my reply was a bit of a bash at that guy and the other part was the actual response to his allegations. So here is the reply I wrote, minus the bash:

In countries where day time extends beyond 18 hours, the faithful are allowed to follow Mecca timing with regards to fasting schedules. This opinion is backed up by a growing scientific indications that Mecca is indeed the center of the earth. Just before you start rubbishing this argument, I suggest you take a look at this BBC link. The BBC reported this theory claiming it to be from Muslim scientists, but without indicating weather there is any counter argument, which goes to show that there actually is no counter argument!!

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Muslim call to adopt Mecca time

Also see this interesting video (ignore the propaganda part):

https://faithforum.wordpress.com/201...matical-proof/
Old Jun 26th 2015, 1:06 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Mike, I have just finished preparing a reply to the post you'd just removed. Part of my reply was a bit of a bash at that guy and the other part was the actual response to his allegations. So here is the reply I wrote, minus the bash:

In countries where day time extends beyond 18 hours, the faithful are allowed to follow Mecca timing with regards to fasting schedules. This opinion is backed up by a growing scientific indications that Mecca is indeed the center of the earth. Just before you start rubbishing this argument, I suggest you take a look at this BBC link. The BBC reported this theory claiming it to be from Muslim scientists, but without indicating weather there is any counter argument, which goes to show that there actually is no counter argument!!

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Muslim call to adopt Mecca time

Also see this interesting video (ignore the propaganda part):

https://faithforum.wordpress.com/201...matical-proof/
Just over a week into Ramadan and the fasting is obviously taking its toll.

You're more bonkers than usual, I hope someone has confiscated your car keys.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 4:43 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

that Mecca is indeed the center of the earth.
we'll ignore the no up not down or east nor west of spacetime. ignore the oblate spheroid thats irregular at best and the numerous problems associated with differing projections. we'll put all that on hold and just suppose for a minute a "centre" is even likely. If it were, you are off by about 1500 -2000 km. but hey whats that between lunatics right?
Old Jun 26th 2015, 5:23 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

This opinion is backed up by a growing scientific indications that Mecca is indeed the center of the earth. Just before you start rubbishing this argument, I suggest you take a look at this BBC link. The BBC reported this theory claiming it to be from Muslim scientists, but without indicating weather there is any counter argument, which goes to show that there actually is no counter argument!!
You're running on empty, as usual.

The argument is easy to rubbish (yet again you fail to understand what "scientific" means), but the whole premise--that the earth has a centre on its surface--is just nonsense to start with. I thought you'd taken my previous advice, about a year ago, to go away, learn and grow up before you start trying to interact with adults again. Clearly not.

And as to your logic that because the BBC didn't indicate whether or not there is a counter-argument therefore there isn't one...who ties your shoelaces for you in the morning?
Old Jun 27th 2015, 11:59 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Irishbeekeeper; Jun 27th 2015 at 12:00 pm. Reason: pic didnt show..bleah!
Old Jun 29th 2015, 11:03 am
Hit 16's

Not sure if its my imagination (could be, it's fairly fertile) but about half of our local female staff have taken to wearing a head scarf for the happy month, but the spray-on jeans and super-tight tops seem, across the board, to have got sprayier and tighter. Maybe god's testing me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.