the rain last night

Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the rain last night

Originally Posted by commander
My friends friend from bothwell, near glasgow used to be the manager in the highland lodge in the early 90's.
Did you know his name?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:41 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

There was always a seamans mission inside JAFZA (obviously long before it was called that), as early as 90 at least

I have many photographs there playing with a big parrot that was always on show.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Sorry I can't help myself............

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L1UOIO38Ghs
LOL; That was its theme tune, Eva. When it was played, all the lights came up and you new it was time to go!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:43 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Her name is Mags.. She worked there with her boyfriend, who is nowadays her husband. I don't know his name though
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Her name is Mags.. She worked there with her boyfriend, who is nowadays her husband. I don't know his name though
Mags & Mal?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

There was always a seamans mission inside JAFZA (obviously long before it was called that), as early as 90 at least

I have many photographs there playing with a big parrot that was always on show.
My brother worked at the Seaman's Mission in Dubai round about 92, I seem to remember something about it being set up at jebel ali port due to the number of military ships coming in - could be related to the first Gulf War related do you think?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:55 pm
banned

Yea alen1 mal sounds familiar..

About 3 years ago, I was in a pub in central glasgow called Adlib with a few people and mags was there, we got talking and I said I lived in dubai but had been going on/off for years.

She asked where I used to go in the early 90's etc etc

Once the penny dropped I can actually picture her crnging at the navy boys up to no good again....
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:59 pm
banned

Don't know for sure squirty, but that certainly would make sense. It was a hell of a busy place for military vessels.
Saying that. It was busy in the 80's with the armilla patrols, protecting the tankers in the straits of hormuz, so it might have been opened earlier?

Saying that, in 92 I recall it being quite a new building.

I have a few photos of it up in my 'navy collage' lol, must go look!!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
My brother worked at the Seaman's Mission in Dubai round about 92, I seem to remember something about it being set up at jebel ali port due to the number of military ships coming in - could be related to the first Gulf War related do you think?
Yes, the Ruler’s office forbade Dubai entry to US sailors after there had been a couple of fatal stabbing incidents. Prior to that, they had been allowed into town in batches of – I think – two thousand. It was a massive blow to the hotel/restaurant/bar trade in town. That’s when all the R&R outlets opened up portside – all, of course, owned by the usual suspects.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Arabian courtyard hotel on baker street...
I've no idea where that is at all, what area?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:02 pm
banned

SW1
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

NW1, W1???