British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   radio stations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/radio-stations-804206/)

kittycat1 Jul 27th 2013 11:17 am

radio stations

Which radio stations can you get online here without a VPN thingy - Radio1 Dubai has the most irritating DJs and I dont think I can bare another second listening to them- also their playlist is shit

Pongo Jul 27th 2013 11:40 am

Re: radio stations

The TuneIn radio app will give you hundreds....

kittycat1 Jul 27th 2013 11:45 am

On work computer so can't use apps

Kix Jul 27th 2013 1:31 pm

Any BBC station via their website.

Autonomy Jul 27th 2013 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10821626)
Which radio stations can you get online here without a VPN thingy - Radio1 Dubai has the most irritating DJs and I dont think I can bare another second listening to them- also their playlist is shit

xfm.co.uk

kittycat1 Jul 27th 2013 1:54 pm

Kix- you are a genius- I'm sure when I've tried BBC before it it wouldnt play - thankyou, thank you, thank you- no more annoying american dude! THANK YOU!

Jim Smith Jul 27th 2013 2:07 pm

http://www.mikesradioworld.com/

The Dean Jul 27th 2013 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10821773)
Kix- you are a genius- I'm sure when I've tried BBC before it it wouldnt play - thankyou, thank you, thank you- no more annoying american dude! THANK YOU!

Dubai Eye has a few bearable shows, balanced by some seriously offensive-to-the-ears garbage........

Millhouse Jul 27th 2013 4:27 pm

Kitty, I listen to capitalfm all morning. Dave berry on the breakfast show is great and you can listen to the london version

just enter a postcode. no vpn needed.

Kix Jul 27th 2013 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10821773)

Well thank you, but I'd have thought it was pretty obvious. I have Radio 2 on all day every day. It's pretty much like Radio 1 was in the late 80s.

Showing my age eh?

Just add it's in a pop up so can be minimised so the boss can't see too.

kittycat1 Jul 27th 2013 5:36 pm

Sometimes the obvious eludes me to be quite honest Kix.

Kix Jul 27th 2013 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10822058)
Sometimes the obvious eludes me to be quite honest Kix.

You and I both hun, you and I both.

Spugsy Jul 27th 2013 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10821626)

Radio 6 in UK is superb, lauren lavernes show has tons of great new music, there's a funk show by the bloke who used to be in red dwarf and other cracking stuff

Kix Jul 27th 2013 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10822087)
Radio 6 in UK is superb, lauren lavernes show has tons of great new music, there's a funk show by the bloke who used to be in red dwarf and other cracking stuff

Cracking stuff? Did the sun go to your head at Wild Wadi today mate?

silversilver Jul 27th 2013 9:50 pm

Talking about radios, I am in the UK just now and was thinking about buying a digital radio to bring back to Dubai with me - my question and sorry if it's a daft one - will it work in Dubai ok or should I wait and buy one when i get back?