Racism

Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism

Originally Posted by banter64
ROFLMAO I so know what you mean and my MIL wanted me to go with her and sit in the Mosque for 3 hours listening to it, thank you but no thank you.

I think they will be on bed rest for 3 weeks after ramadan with a sore throat

take a look at this link a beautiful and surreal voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knu-HYHA0wM
Now that I could live with and as rk said when done well it's a pleasure to hear and reminds you where you are. There is a muezzin in midrif who is superb I'll actually stop the car and listen if I'm driving past when he starts up, we can just make him out in the mornings sometimes in between our guys coughing bouts which is doubly annoying.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:19 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Romulan

The false accusation that Arabs are racist against Blacks or Asians is simply absurd. While some Arabs may have racist tendencies, to condemn the whole culture is simply shameful. In fact, it is the Asians who are the racist ones trying to import their caste culture to Arabia.
Is it really absurd? Given Saudi Arabia only ended slavery in the 1960s and the common name for black africans is "slave" in Arabic I wonder if your examples are simply exceptions to the rule.

I have lived and worked in the GCC for a decade and am sorry to say that I have never encountered a more racist society. Yes absolutely there are many non-racist people in the region - there are some very nice and gentle people indeed...far better than my own in behaviour and manners but on the ground level racism is alive and well.

I do agree that many people from the sub-continent are very racist - more so than most Arabs...racism is everywhere but when you live in a country which allows employers to advertise jobs for certain nationalities only you know that discrimination is a way of life for most people.

N.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:26 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
In civilised, un-racist societies, they don't have slaves, and are embarassed at the mere thought that their forefathers were part of a system that benefitted from it.
Oh come countries like Saudi Arabia are very civillised...after all they ended slavery in 1967, don't allow non-muslims into mecca for any reason (even though Muslims are allowed in the Vatican and other religions holy places), happily abuse their south east asian housemaids, don't let women drive cars and are ruled by an unchanable theocratic legal code.

What's uncivillised about that?
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by tieresias
Romulan - what characterised the attitude as that of a black woman?

Out of interest, how would you describe your own ethnicity? When you're on Earth, that is, and not on Romulus or Remus?
I picked up on that too...for someone arguing against the fact of racism in middle eastern culture and society accusing someone he disagrees with as having the attitude of "an angry black woman" really won't get many rallying to support his cause!

I suppose skin colour affects just how angry you can get - there must be a link between melanin and emotion!Someone give him a Nobel prize for ignorance!

N.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Romulan
There there is little, if any, racism in the Middle East. Certain incidents here and there that are sensationalized by the media don't reflect the Middle East as a whole, especially considering the great ethnic diversity in the region. Only some disgruntled expats on this forum spout false and malicious accusations of racism in order to undermine and cause fitnah. If they think they're victims of racism, then they wouldn't be here.
I really cannot stand this head in the sand attitude some people have - a sort of blind devotion to ensuring nothing bad is every said about their culture or religion or whatever they happen to hold dear weather it is true or not...learn to be a bit more thick skinned, don't take it so personally and accept every society has problems.

Of course there is racism in the Middle East - ethnic diversity does not prove there is no racism...otherwise the USA in 1900 would have been the least racist place on the planet.

N.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Why don't you just finish off what you really wanted to say and insult me/us with the N word?
He won't use that word...you'll probably get called a Jew instead - that has about the same meaning to them.

N.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:49 pm

I really like this thread!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Norm has been a busy bee.... ho ho ho
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:56 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
He can't do multi-quotes, bless him.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
Been a while since I posted anything so I thought I'd catch up
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:13 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Been a while since I posted anything so I thought I'd catch up
I wish another 1.5 billion would put the same effort in..........
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Many people are under the chavvy impression that patriotism means "my country, right or wrong"

Patriotism means manning up (or womaning up, as the case may be) , and taking an active role in doing your bit by actively finding things that are wrong, and then taking steps to fix whatever it is.

Just as I reserve the right to get indignant and stand up for any 'little guy' anywhere on this planet, if something's wrong, I'll say it's wrong.

I don't care what colour that patch of land is on the map.

Romulan- are you half as upset about problems that you find as you are about foreigners pointing out problems?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Romulan- are you half as upset about problems that you find as you are about foreigners pointing out problems?
Don't be daft, there ARE no problems in Romulan's world, except those caused by us infidels. I doubt he could find his own arse--he probably needed directions in order to get his head up it.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 7:27 am

Talk about hitting the nail on the head...karma given.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Holy ****- people read my posts?! I know this a poipular, interestign discussion, but this is quite a shock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.